Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B5 Sopmod bravo

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Aren't these ITAR controlled items..
    Didn't a CGN'r just get pinched using a cross boarder facility.
    Obviously people still think it o.k. It doesn't apply to them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Aren't these ITAR controlled items..
    Good question. I bought mine in Canada but it's next to impossible to find them. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying stuff in the states without knowing all the legal rules and paperwork required. I'm glad to see these stocks being brought in. They are a good stock and now at a reasonable price. I checked them side by side with my LMT sopmod gen2 stocks. They are identical. The only issue you might find is matching the FDE with the pistol grip. Mine was slightly off the Ergo FDE but might be the right match for the Magpul grip FDE? It was close enough that it still looks good.

The B5 is an A frame stock, so it has a very comfortable cheek weld. It's tight, no wiggle and made as you would expect. The price of the B5 is a lot more reasonable than buying LMT aftermarket. Glad to see someone bringing these in!!!

Here are a couple pictures of two builds I did with these stocks. Sorry about the mediocre pics. The stock wasn't the focus.

Here's the LMT Sopmod (on a LMT mrp and LMT MWS which I compared my B5 stocks to. Like I said identical. In fact in 2009 B5 systems won the contract to make the Crane Sopmod stock for the military. LMT previously had the contract. So the B5 is actually the current military producer of this stock.

Last edited by Epoxy7; 08-31-2013 at 06:43 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    Didn't a CGN'r just get pinched using a cross boarder facility.
    Obviously people still think it o.k. It doesn't apply to them.
    I was being sarcastic

BANNED
    Epoxy - I never would have been able to tell, from the pictures, that the stocks weren't LMT and I've seen the pictures posted up before. It looks like you've got PWS enhanced tubes as well on your builds. Are the B5 Mil or Commercial specs? Or both?..probably both, but worth asking anyways.

I've got CTRs on all my ARs, but I'm seriously considering changing them over. Or at least on the 14.5" & up ARs; shorties can stick with the lighter CTR.
    Last edited by BenL; 09-01-2013 at 08:41 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Epoxy - I never would have been able to tell, from the pictures, that the stocks weren't LMT and I've seen the pictures posted up before. It looks like you've got PWS enhanced tubes as well on your builds. Are the B5 Mil or Commercial specs? Or both?..probably both, but worth asking anyways.

I've got CTRs on all my ARs, but I'm seriously considering changing them over. Or at least on the 14.5" & up ARs; shorties can stick with the lighter CTR.
    Hey BenL,

Yup those are PWS tubes. The B5 are milspec. Works very well together. The B5 stocks have the hole at the top which allows you to see the position numbering on the PWS buffer tube so you can quickly go back to the same position just by looking at the number rather than counting stops.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Hey BenL,

Yup those are PWS tubes. The B5 are milspec. Works very well together. The B5 stocks have the hole at the top which allows you to see the position numbering on the PWS buffer tube so you can quickly go back to the same position just by looking at the number rather than counting stops.
    Excellent.

Guess I'll shortly be $150 lighter at some point in the near future.

BANNED
    And for anyone's else info - these PWS Enhanced 416 buffer tubes are the cat's a$$ of buffer tubes IMO.

you do know that B5 has always been the OEM for that stock, but now the SOCOM contract is up they are selling it direct.
    Its a great stock in any format and style, the cheaper the better, since I first started using one on my KAC, I like it over any other stock I have used.
    bbb

Any update on the Bravo?

I was able to score one from the US. Amazing stock. Very happy with it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast