Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Savage Arms Model 42 Combo Guns IN STOCK

I removed the rear site and put on a rail ( cant remember the company name but if you google savage 42 rail it comes up) Put on a Fastfire II and have it dialed in perfectly at about 25 yards. With federal shot & CCI mini mags I took a bunch of grouse and rabbit this past season.Top & bottom barrel are very close for shot placement.Alot of people give bad reviews and comments about this gun but I love it. I hunt in thick bush,muskeg and I don't care that it gets beat up.Its light enough to hike with all day and its basic design makes it problem free. I only have one complaint the ejector doesn't always catch the shells so follow up shots aren't always as fast. A shell holder built into the stock would be a nice feature as well.Federal slugs work the best out of all the brands I tried.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Took the 42 to the range today and shot it off the bench. At 25m both the 22lr barrel and the .410 barrel (with slugs) group well but the POI is high. The 22lr barrel hits about 4" above POA and the .410 barrel hits about 8" high. I've got the sights all the way down now so either I have to modify them or put a scope on it. I really wish there was a good set of sights on this gun because I like it other than them.

3" #4 shot shells covered a 22" by 22" area with widely spaced shot at 25m so the .410 barrel is good for close range work.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by Youngfreshtoodeath View Post
    .223 and 20ga
    I would like that combo too. That or 22 mag and 20 ga.

Expried Business Member
    We just have the 22Mag/410GA right now
    http://www.wanstallsonline.com/savag...mr-.410ga.html

Do have a Chiappa M6 20GA/22LR available also might be worth a look
    http://www.wanstallsonline.com/chiap...22lr-20ga.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123