Thread: STI Trojan with a BULL barrel?

STI Trojan with a BULL barrel?

is it possible to get the Trojan with the bull barrel here in canada? the sti page says it's possible, but the FV page doesn't list it (maybe cuz it's a "no charge" option).

anyone ever ordered one? do they exist?

(i emailed FV a few weeks ago and never got a reply, so tried again and now posting here in case others know)

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    We don't stock the Trojans with Bull barrels; just the most popular bushing barrel versions. Not a lot of call for the Bulls.
    (Note that USPSA single stack rules ban bull barrels if you ever have an interest in shooting in a USPSA Single stack match)

We can order you a bull barrel version, (and it is the same price) but be advised that right now; STI is running 12 months for delivery on new orders.

Yes, we've ordered them in before - but the wait time wasn't nearly as bad back then.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

ah, thanks! i don't shoot IPSC / USPSA (i find it too game-y and non-practical), but it does point out why there's no demand.

i guess i'm not patient enough to wait 12 months to try out a bull! hmm, any idea how many bulls you've brought into the country in the last 5 years? if there's only 3-4, then i may as well not bother trying to find one even used.

thanks!

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    I doubt I've imported even three in the last 6 years...

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7 View Post
    ah, thanks! i don't shoot IPSC / USPSA (i find it too game-y and non-practical), but it does point out why there's no demand.

i guess i'm not patient enough to wait 12 months to try out a bull! hmm, any idea how many bulls you've brought into the country in the last 5 years? if there's only 3-4, then i may as well not bother trying to find one even used.

thanks!
    If you have your heart set on a Trojan with a bull barrel thats fine. You have obviously thought about the Trojan without the bull barrel. Have you thought about the Ranger II? Its 4.25 with a bull barrel and a full size frame. I have one in 9 mm and love it.
    "For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark" - Beowulf

"I do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, her heirs and successors, according to law"

hmm - since there's next to NO bulls in canada... i dunno, maybe i'd actually feel special and try one? if the spartan was made with a bull, i'd grab that since it would be a smaller dollar hit on me just in case i turn out to dislike it.....

Quote Originally Posted by O'Kelly's Boys View Post
    If you have your heart set on a Trojan with a bull barrel thats fine. You have obviously thought about the Trojan without the bull barrel. Have you thought about the Ranger II? Its 4.25 with a bull barrel and a full size frame. I have one in 9 mm and love it.
    actually i only thought about it since i saw it as an option, and never shot a 1911 with a bully. a friend of mine has the normal trojan and it's NICE, so i kind of wonder about the bulled version.

ya, i did notice that the ranger (and now spartan iv) are made with bullies. those are definitely on my radar.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    You could always pick up a Spartan fairly cheap and spend 300.+ to have a bull barrel installed. Still cheaper than a Trojan but not as nice. Depending on your interests, it might fit your needs. I had a bull barrel installed on my Para and am very pleased with it.

I have a 40.S&W Trojan that I had a bull barrel installed and the entire pistol hard chromed. It was purchased via FV (and could not recommend Sean any more). Can be aftermarket installed (had mine done by a highly regarded smith in Ontario). I had a DPM recoil system but since put in a recoil master that I prefer. Shoots flat. Recommend picking up a Trojan for future bull installation.