Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR 15 Piston Conversion, $399

AR 15 Piston Conversion, $399

We are expecting, today, the Osprey Defense, OPS-416 gas piston conversion kits.
    -converts standard gas impingement system to a gas-piston system
    -works with any AR15/M16/M4
    -requires 11-5"-20 " barrel configuration
    -improved reliability by 1300% (claimed)
    -shoot your bolt dry
    -dramatically reduces cleaning
    -includes instructions, new handguard, piston and patented carrier with monolithic gas hey. $399. Phil.

Will this fit with Norinco M4 CQ-A 223/5.56, 14.5" Barrel upper? Has anyone tried it?

I did not see Norinco listed in the compatible handguard list on the Osprey Defense website: http://www.gaspiston.com/osprey-defe...will-fit-list/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
    Will this fit with Norinco M4 CQ-A 223/5.56, 14.5" Barrel upper? Has anyone tried it?

I did not see Norinco listed in the compatible handguard list on the Osprey Defense website: http://www.gaspiston.com/osprey-defe...will-fit-list/

Thanks
    We don't know as have not received them yet and we are currently sold out of Norc M-4's. Remember that the Norcs are banned from the US and they would have no way of checking them. Phil.

OK, well, if you do have an opportunity to check please do let us know.

Thanks

CGN frequent flyer Pistolwhiptricks's Avatar
    This kit has got me interested. I just checked out a couple of reviews by Sturmgewehre on youtube and it seems to work well. I would be putting this Osprey kit my Norinco CQ-A 14.5" as well.

We have a couple of guys in the shop that want to try them on their AR's (one a Norc). I only ordered a modest number of conversions until I know there's enough interest. We also have complete piston guns coming (Ruger SR 556...might be a while and POF ...should be here soon). Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey View Post

Thanks
    I have 2 Norincos and ive tried exchanging parts outs with my custom rifle out of curiosity. Norc uppers wouldn't fit on my NEA lower. they say so low that the charging handle was jammed on top of the buffer tube inlet on the lower. while this kit probably would fit the barrel, I'd have my doubts about the upper its self. These norcs are just cheap plinkers and their measurements could be off just enough to ruin a new piston kit. but never hurts to put it together and hand cycle it I guess lol

This looks like a pretty cool designed piston system. I checked out the video on their website and they're installing it on the traditional handguards but say that if you have a free floated handguard you need a modified op-rod. This begs the question: how much would we be able to customize the order? I'd love to get one, but I already have a free-floated handguard so I wouldn't need another handguard but I would need the modified op-rod. I'm definitely interested in the product though.

CGN frequent flyer Pistolwhiptricks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockgrouptherapy View Post
    I have 2 Norincos and ive tried exchanging parts outs with my custom rifle out of curiosity. Norc uppers wouldn't fit on my NEA lower. they say so low that the charging handle was jammed on top of the buffer tube inlet on the lower. while this kit probably would fit the barrel, I'd have my doubts about the upper its self. These norcs are just cheap plinkers and their measurements could be off just enough to ruin a new piston kit. but never hurts to put it together and hand cycle it I guess lol
    I don't think the Norinco upper is the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolwhiptricks View Post
    I don't think the Norinco upper is the problem here.
    Just saying norincos aren't exactly fit and finished like a DD or Colt lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast