Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: dying to get the M37... ETA?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 223762 View Post
    ok i really want one of these and the most important thing i saw in your post was in the last line stating that "These will be coming". how can you be sure of this? are you confident in saying that?
    What your really missing is that they said they will update people when they have a update. So they have no information to update people with but state " these will be coming ". The only thing that's guaranteed at this point is that people are going to get more and more upset as this goes on.

Hopefully North Sylva will learn from this and not release claims of new firearms available until they actually physically have an FRT number.

Quote Originally Posted by jwc View Post
    So what's the update on the M2HB? Last update I've heard was way back when someone said they were in the country but not assembled (no info on whether there was an FRT number or any other details). Look back at your lack of responses in this thread if you wonder where hostility came from. It can't be that hard to post an update every now and then, even if the status is "no change". In the absence of information people start filling in things themselves - and rarely do they guess on the positive side. Right now, for the M2HB's, if I read through the site it sounds like they are in country, not assembled, but due to some ruling on side plates/recievers they will be prohibited. Why not just quickly set the status straight?

This one is a little more complicated. All receiver pieces will need to be replaced now. I can't comment, as lawyers are getting involved in this issue now. It will come. When, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    This one is a little more complicated. All receiver pieces will need to be replaced now. I can't comment, as lawyers are getting involved in this issue now. It will come. When, I don't know.
    Exactly what we all thought. Our stupid firearms laws deeming them converted auto just because the receiver parts aren't new old stock. Better off just spending your money machining all new side plates left and right, trunion, bottom plate and top than trying to get lawyers involved. Most likely the only outcome from legal action will be current 1919a4 owners having there's re classed prohibited and we will have something even further to be pissed off about.

Fact is you stated you didn't have any updates yet you've now revealed they have been deemed prohibited converted auto.

And if you do get away with making all new receivers then who will be paying the extra cost? Obviously the price for the consumer will be going up from the original price people were given.

Hey, thanks for the update!
    Sweet

now thats an update! please continue to keep us informed on new updates. thanks.
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Well if these guns do end up needing all the parts replaced as mild custom2 said watch the prices go up up up. On a postive note maybe North Sylvas lawyers will be able to hold the RCMP lab accountable for their BS new way of classifying a receiver when they have already set their own precedent with the brownings that have been approved. Maybe they will learn that they cant play God anymore and change their decisions on a whim or from internal RCMP pressure not to let more of these guns into the country. Since when has a trunion EVER been considered part of a firearms receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Well if these guns do end up needing all the parts replaced as mild custom2 said watch the prices go up up up. On a postive note maybe North Sylvas lawyers will be able to hold the RCMP lab accountable for their BS new way of classifying a receiver when they have already set their own precedent with the browning that have been approved. Maybe they will learn that they cant play God anymore and change their decisions on a whim or from internal RCMP pressure not to let more of these guns into the country.
    Or as I said all current M2HB and 1919's in Canada will be deemed prohibited as a result of there legal action and current 1919 owners like myself lose a very expensive firearm. Easier for the boys in Ottawa to backwards than forwards.

Yeah for sure that is a possibility but the RCMP could just as easily do this now and reclassify the guns we own based on their rulings on the new guns. They have no problem reclassifying guns prohib after they have already deemed them non restricted/restricted. I wouldnt blame North Sylva for getting lawyers involved, I commend it. The RCMP firearms lab is accountable to nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Yeah for sure that is a possibility but the RCMP could just as easily do this now and reclassify the guns we own based on their rulings on the new guns. They have no problem reclassifying guns prohib after they have already deemed them non restricted/restricted. I wouldnt blame North Sylva for getting lawyers involved, I commend it. The RCMP firearms lab is accountable to nobody.
    The legal action has nothing to do with the RCMP lab. It's another party all together.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    What a gong show, unreal!

Fracking unreal!!!
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.