Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: dying to get the M37... ETA?

Posted in error

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    The legal action has nothing to do with the RCMP lab. It's another party all together.
    Ah, thats really too bad.

the wheel turns slow sometimes
    Last edited by tj black; 03-03-2014 at 06:47 PM.

I was refunded by my dealer, I still want one but way too many unknowns, no FRT, no delivery date and no finalized price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    can't you import it in pieces from the states, and make the right side plate here in canada? the US only considers the right side plate as the "firearm". import a parts kit, make it here in canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    can't you import it in pieces from the states, and make the right side plate here in canada? the US only considers the right side plate as the "firearm". import a parts kit, make it here in canada.
    Yes but a home built still has to go for examination and issued an FRT number as per William Etter at the firearms lab. Plus all 5 pieces that make up the receiver must be new not a de milled military one or else it's deemed converted auto prohibited.

WTF since when does a home built have to be sent to the lab??

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    WTF since when does a home built have to be sent to the lab??
    Here you go boys, straight from the " man " himself.

Both the TNW and the Valkyrie Arms semi-automatic versions of the Browning M1919A4 firearm are "in service", so your information is false.

What this means is that neither FRT record has been "pulled", neither has had a legal class change and both have been and continue to be available for use. All FRT records are subject to review, improvement and or modification to add specific detail or further explain comments contained in the records. This process does not constitute "pulled" nor does it prevent transactions from taking place such as transfer and registration.

Be aware that should you wish to build your own version of a semi-automatic Browning M1919A4 Machine Gun that each and every example will require be inspection and the following criterion will be applied:

a) - the five sided box consisting of top and bottom plates, left and right side plates and the front trunnion block is the receiver/frame for all purposes of the Criminal Code, Section 2 definition of "firearm"; and,

b) - the classification of this firearm as a semi automatic firearm is based on the presumption that none of the original five (5) receiver components were reused. This is what RCMP - SFSS understood to be the meaning of the claim by the manufacturer that the firearm is a "newly manufactured as a semi-automatic firearm".

c) - when the start point is a full automatic firearm and the component of the receiver/frame with the manufacturer information and serial number stamped or inscribed upon it is a purpose-built "semi-automatic" component and any of the remaining portions of the original five (5) receiver components of the full automatic receiver/frame is incorporated into the firearm, the resulting firearm is a "converted automatic" firearm.
    d) - the Criminal Code PART III, Section 84 para (c) definition - prohibited firearm means, "an automatic firearm, whether or not it has been altered to discharge only one projectile with one pressure of the trigger".
    Hope this helps.

William Etter

William (Bill) Etter
    Chief Firearms Technologist
    Specialized Firearms Support Services
    Firearms Investigative & Enforcement Services Directorate
    RCMP - CFP
    Specialized Policing Services

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Here you go boys, straight from the " man " himself.

c) - when the start point is a full automatic firearm and the component of the receiver/frame with the manufacturer information and serial number stamped or inscribed upon it is a purpose-built "semi-automatic" component and any of the remaining portions of the original five (5) receiver components of the full automatic receiver/frame is incorporated into the firearm, the resulting firearm is a "converted automatic" firearm.
    by that BS logic, if i take an M16 parts kits and put it on my AR15 lower, i'd need a new upper "receiver" too.

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    by that BS logic, if i take an M16 parts kits and put it on my AR15 lower, i'd need a new upper "receiver" too.
    Don't shoot the messenger just passing on the gospel from the preacher himself at the firearms lab in Ottawa.