Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: dying to get the M37... ETA?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    by that BS logic, if i take an M16 parts kits and put it on my AR15 lower, i'd need a new upper "receiver" too.
    No, by that logic if an AR 15 had a lower receiver that had walls that assembled to make a full lower receiver, all of those walls would need to be new, and no one wall could have come from a full auto m16. If it did, it would be considered a converted auto.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I am surprised that William Etter didn't also count the Ohio Rapid Fire and US Ordnance Inc. made semi 1919's in that letter, as there are FRT numbers for both these models. If the RCMP created an FRT number for these, they obviously had samples submitted for inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    by that BS logic, if i take an M16 parts kits and put it on my AR15 lower, i'd need a new upper "receiver" too.
    Well that is your first mistake. Logic is the last thing the RCMP uses when making up these stupid firearms rulings. LOL

Super Moderator
    There is absolutely no basis in law for a FRT number to be assigned to a firearm. The FRT exists only for the purpose of identification for registration. It is a catalogue, not a legal document. It exists for the convenience of the CFP, not because a firearm must be FaRTed. Does the SFSS require that a new built non-restricted muzzleloading percussion firearm be submitted for assignment of a FRT number? No. There is no legal requirement for the issue of a number.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    I am surprised that William Etter didn't also count the Ohio Rapid Fire and US Ordnance Inc. made semi 1919's in that letter, as there are FRT numbers for both these models. If the RCMP created an FRT number for these, they obviously had samples submitted for inspection.

Well that is your first mistake. Logic is the last thing the RCMP uses when making up these stupid firearms rulings. LOL
    He didn't include the FRT info for the other 1919's because I didn't ask about them. My question to him regarding the TNW and Valkyrie Arms manufactured ones came about from a rumour started here by another member that they would be reclassified as prohib converted auto. Thankfully that rumor was false as confirmed by William Etter but I wasn't going to sit around and wait to find out I may lose my high dollar firearm.

As it stands though I think my complete 1919 package is going to go up for sale maybe. There's just too many other firearms I'd like to have and I've got lots of money tied up just in this one package.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    He didn't include the FRT info for the other 1919's because I didn't ask about them. My question to him regarding the TNW and Valkyrie Arms manufactured ones came about from a rumour started here by another member that they would be reclassified as prohib converted auto. Thankfully that rumor was false as confirmed by William Etter but I wasn't going to sit around and wait to find out I may lose my high dollar firearm.

As it stands though I think my complete 1919 package is going to go up for sale maybe. There's just too many other firearms I'd like to have and I've got lots of money tied up just in this one package.
    dont sell it theres always more money. theres not always more guns.
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Quote Originally Posted by 223762 View Post
    dont sell it theres always more money. theres not always more guns.
    Everything is for sale for the right price.

Unfortunately I think this one has to go, I want way too many other firearms to keep this one high dollar one.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Everything is for sale for the right price.

Unfortunately I think this one has to go, I want way too many other firearms to keep this one high dollar one.
    lol ya i guess for the right price i would give up my stuff too. as shown recently the property of the U.S. stamp isnt coming back any time soon. not on the side of the m37 anyways (if they ever do make it up here).

Quote Originally Posted by 223762 View Post
    lol ya i guess for the right price i would give up my stuff too. as shown recently the property of the U.S. stamp isnt coming back any time soon. not on the side of the m37 anyways (if they ever do make it up here).
    And 5400$ plus tax for the M37 and it doesn't come with a tripod or anything from my understanding is a butt load of coin in my opinion.

You wouldn't believe the amount of spare parts and accessories I've collected together with my 1919 in the past months. It got out of control really fast.

This guy at the Lab is making $hit up as he goes along. Heres an example - the sten guns, the tube is nothing, the magwell is the receiver. On the browning it has always been the RHSP constitutes the receiver until this guy comes in and rewrites the rules once again. As for saying we must submit homebuilt 1919's for examination who is he to make that decision? Where does it say that in firearms act?? Does every current TNW M1919 owner have to be worried that the next time they are at the range and the RCMP officer shooting next to him sees the gun, says that looks illegal! Then siezes the gun, and instead of being in the right owning your legally acquired non-restricted firearm it gets sent to the lab, they find a re-used part on the reciever and you get charged with possessing a C/A gun? Do they not comprehend the consequences of this flip flop decision?
    Last edited by gutinater; 10-16-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    This guy at the Lab is making $hit up as he goes along. Heres an example - the sten guns, the tube is nothing, the magwell is the receiver. On the browning it has always been the RHSP constitutes the receiver until this guy comes in and rewrites the rules once again. As for saying we must submit homebuilt 1919's for examination who is he to make that decision? Where does it say that in firearms act?? Does every current TNW M1919 owner have to be worried that the next time they are at the range and the RCMP officed next to him sees the gun, says that looks illegal! Then siezes the gun, and instead of being in the right owning your legally acquired non-restricted firearm it gets sent to the lab, they find a re-used part on the reciever and you get charged with possessing a C/A gun? Do they not comprehend the consequences of this flip flop decision?
    is it written somewhere what parts are considered the receiver? how would new guys at the lab know what there looking for?