Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: dying to get the M37... ETA?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Picatinny View Post
    From what I have read on here it seems the Ma Deuces are at least in country the M37's....?
    The M2 already has an FRT number so there's no reason to delay people getting there's if they are in the country. If they are M3's then unfortunately it's waiting game for an FRT number like the M37 currently is.

ya i was just wondering about that? to bad we can only guess??
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

The question you have to ask yourself is, given the current situation with firearms in politics these days do you think Ottawa is really gonna issue more FRT numbers for more belt feds?

I like to believe yes but seriously have big doubts.

the guide lines of the law should give them a pass. but they could always just say they made it full auto and never have to prove it, if they wanted i guess??
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

And now just posted in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiked Nursey View Post
    The Valkarie is under review by the CFC and the FRT has been pulled as far as I know.

They may be reclassified as converted auto because the top, bottom, side, backplates and trunnion are all considered part of the reciever by the cfc. I was told they were made with parts kits and a new right side plate (RSP) only.

In the US the RSP is the firearm. Here it is the whole receiver. I don't think the trunnion should be considered part of the receiver But is seems the CFC would like to think so. I called them on this saying that an AK trunnion is not part of the receiver so why is it on A 1919? I was told by a CFC tech that these decisions are made on a case by case basis. (However that works I don't know)

Approving the other 1919's may have been a mistake in the eyes of the CFC. Starting to sound familiar?
    There are the M37 and the Macguire (sp) 1919s awaiting FRT#s. I think this is why they are taking so long but am not sure.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news.
    I hope I am wrong
    Down with C68

Time to bump this thread and see if we can get a response.

Please note this info does not reflect on the M37 as it is a different model than the 1919.

So after seeing this reported FRT number being pulled for the Valkyrie manufactured 1919a4's I decided to investigate this further with the RCMP in Ottawa and I have received a written response that any information regarding a reclassification of any 1919a4's by any manufacture is false. None of the 1919a4's have had there FRT number pulled or are under review for reclassification. Additionally they have also sent me a copy of the FRT report for the TNW and Valkyrie manufactured 1919's.

So Now I can sleep better at night that no funny business is on the go.

Should anyone like a copy of the email and FRT reports you can send me a pm with your email and I will send you a copy of the reply.

Last edited by mildcustom2; 08-22-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post

Please note this info does not reflect on the M37 as it is a different model than the 1919.

So after seeing this reported FRT number being pulled for the Valkyrie manufactured 1919a4's I decided to investigate this further with the RCMP in Ottawa and I have received a written response that any information regarding a reclassification of any 1919a4's by any manufacture is false. None of the 1919a4's have had there FRT number pulled or are under review for reclassification. Additionally they have also sent me a copy of the FRT report for the TNW and Valkyrie manufactured 1919's.

Should anyone like a copy of the email and FRT reports you can send me a pm with your email and I will send you a copy of the reply.

Do you know if there are FRT reports for US Ordnance Inc. or Rapid Fire, produced Semi 1919's ? I know there are FRT numbers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Do you know if there are FRT reports for US Ordnance Inc. or Rapid Fire, produced Semi 1919's ? I know there are FRT numbers for them.
    An FRT report is the paperwork a firearm must go through in Canada for it to be issued an FRT number. Therefore any firearm that is issued a FRT number has gone through the process and an FRT report exists for it with the details of the examination it went through.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cdm123 View Post
    Thank you
    No worries.

If North Sylva doesn't start giving us some answers I will contact Ottawa pretty darn quick regarding the current status of the M37.