Thread: Thank you!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar

Thank you!

Just wanted to thank you guys for such an amazing lower! The quality of this lower really is next to none from my personal experience. I was going to send you a nice Email reply with some pictures, but I figured why hide this thing?! :D

Thank you for helping me create my dream AR15 :D

(Still a few things I need to complete her anyways)

BANNED
    That's a fantastic looking build.

I really dig the grip. Was NOT expecting that.

Details....give us the skinny on the build

Thanks! I'm giddy about this thing right now! the Karl Nill grip was almost an afterthought, I was originally just going to get a Magpul MOE+ and be done with it, but seeing my friend have one of the adjustable ones on his Swiss Arms rifle made me really wonder. After thinking about it for a while I decided a little bit of contrast would be good, and pulled the trigger.

If you haven't actually held a rifle with a Nill grip, it really is something else! I can honestly say without any hesitation it's the most comfortable grip I've ever held (by far). A little heavier than your standard Magpul grip is, but the weight is at the rear of the gun so it's not bad at all. Very pricey though, at about 270 bucks once shipping and export licensing is finished, HOWEVER with the classic look, and how amazing the grip feels I think it was worth it! And I think I have this issue with making guns nobody else has . It really sets off the contrast compared to a sleek black rifle.

For some specs; on the rifle:

Upper:
    - Vltor MUR-1A upper receiver
    - Motuik MFG full auto bolt carrier group
    - DPMS steel charging handle with Badger Gen-2 tac latch
    - 16.5" hammer forged / nitrided barrel - midlength gas system
    - Vltor low profile gas block
    - Grifiin Armament M4 SD II flash comp
    - Diamondhead USA 10.25" handguard w/ custom bipod stud
    - Magpul AFG

Lower:
    - Alberta Tactical Rifle Gen-4 AT15 lower with ambi bolt realese
    - Norgon Ambi mag release
    - Karl Nill hardwood grip
    - Magpul UBR rifle stock
    - basic trigger group and safety

Optics:
    - Leupold CQ/T Rifle scope
    - Leupold Delta-Point w/ 7moa Triangle

Stuff I have coming or want still:
    - Geissele Super Semi-Auto trigger or Super 3-gun trigger (not sure which one I want yet)
    - BAD-ASS Ambi safety with 2 fullsize levers (needs some mods on right side lever to work with Nill grip, as it doesn't have the ambi safety cutout)
    - KAC-SR15 buffer and carbine buffer spring
    - Offset iron sights (have a couple options I'm looking at)
    - Rail for flashlight for 6P LED Defender

Everything but the offset sights and the trigger is on it's way to me right now, so hopefully I should be able to get it mostly finished this week.

I'm also thinking about going for a Rainer Arms RAPTOR charging handle, or a BCM Ambi gun-fighter, but not really sure if I'll use the charging handle as an ambi feature or not... I know the safety, bolt release and mag release are really nice to have (you can actually use your trigger finger to release the bolt after a mag change which is really slick!)

So right now all I'm actually missing is the buffer and action spring to make it work, otherwise it would have come out yesterday for shooting! The offset irons are the hardest part, I wanted the KAC ones but the forward assist block on the VLTOR won't let the rear go on. So I can either get the shell deflector only, or go with offset 45 degree rail segments for standard flip-up iron sights (the Gear Sector ones are perfect but pricey) or keep waiting for the elusive Diamondhead USA D-45 Swing sights (they sit flat on the top rail and flip out to the side and up at a 45 degree). They are really cool sights but literally impossible to find right now, let alone in Canada.

BANNED
    The Diamondhead handguard is really interesting as well. Wouldn't mind trying it out one day.

Did you look into the KAC off set micros, or is the FA block still in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    The Diamondhead handguard is really interesting as well. Wouldn't mind trying it out one day.

Did you look into the KAC off set micros, or is the FA block still in the way?
    The diamondhead handguard is actually really nice to hold, the triangle shape fits your hands really well and so the "ribs" for the finger cutouts. A little torn right now with the AFG, as it's such a nice feeling handguard.

And yes the KAC micro's still have the little "knob" underneath where it screws in to lock it to the rail. They look like they would fit fine, but if you see the bottom of the offset base there is a chunk that sticks out the bottom, and that little guy is the issue. Probably something a dremel could fix but I'm not too crazy about dremeling stuff on my AR

BANNED
    I ditched my AFG as I didn't like it. With an ergo designed handguard like the Diamonhead I would think that you'd want to drop it as well as you can probably get a really good/great grip each time you grab the foreend.

I only have the KAC micros and not the off set micros, but if I was to dremmel anything, i'd be the sights and not the lower that's for sure !

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Thank you for your kind words. We try pretty hard to make folks happy and it is always nice to hear of the success stories.

Now all you need is some of our AT15 10 round pistol mags to stick into the magwell.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. We try pretty hard to make folks happy and it is always nice to hear of the success stories.

Now all you need is some of our AT15 10 round pistol mags to stick into the magwell.
    Would you just shut up about them Rick!!! At least until you guys ship a bunch of 'em to me with my new AT15 lower Which brings me to think that I should call the Qc CFO and see what's going on with the transfer....sigh.