Thread: Got my new TT-33, Very happy with service.

Question Got my new TT-33, Very happy with service.

Delete this please, question answered.
    Last edited by Batmaster; 06-01-2013 at 01:21 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Did you talk to Marstar? They generally have a pretty good rep for looking after issues.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmaster View Post
    Let me start off by saying im super happy with my dealings with Marstar. They waited a VERY long time for the RCMP to finally get there ass in gear and put my Rpal through and never complained. Once my Rpal was through it was literally days before the gun was at my door packaged in a nice hard case.

The gun is very nice externally, no noticeable bluing wear, its a 1939 which i think is cool, overall its in VG condition. Except, there is a large... something on the end of the barrel, it almost looks like a casting defect or possible super bad rust that was buffed out I do not know. I want to make it clear im not making a ##### thread here im just concerned about whether the barrel is OK as it is probably close to .015-.02" deep at its deepest, please see the pictures and judge. If this is something that you sometimes encounter with these surplus guns just go ahead and ignore me and delete the thread but i want to be sure nothing crazy is going to happen the first time I pull the trigger.

Now the pics, Let me know what you think.

Return barrel to my attention for a replacement John

I honestly didn't know if it was an issue. If john wants me to send it back i can, gun wont be matching any more but probably better to replace it if its not safe for use, all i wanted to know. I would have used it if this was just something you ran into with surplus guns.

My TT-33 has some slight pitting on the barrel, I accept it as remnants of rust on a war era gun. Not as deep as that but closer to the chamber and I feel safe shooting it.
    But each gun is different... the picture of the inside of the barrel is unclear and if there is internal pitting that lines up with the external pitting then there is a chance that the barrel rusted through and could fail in an unexpected way.
    Either way, if Marstar is willing to exchange you might as well take it. Matching numbers are nice but a safe shootable gun is even nicer.

Agreed, Please delete this thread john.

I think if you just sent back the barrel, Marstar might send you a new one back. Marstar has a reputation of being really good about things like that.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    I would keep that barrel. It's not unsafe, and is the remains of rust that was removed at refurb in Russian. The bore looks great, better than most. I'd keep it.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

So you think its better to keep this barrel that its matching even with the corrosion?

I have decided to keep it, I don't think its worth separating the original barrel from the gun if its only cosmetic. I will email john just to confirm he believes its safe to use as is but I was never worried about it as a cosmetic flaw just wondering if it was going to be a structural flaw in the barrel.