Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to expect from orangeville gun show.

What to expect from orangeville gun show.

I am planning to go to the gun & military show in orangeville this weekend. Just wondering what to expect. I have never been to a gun show before. Is it mostly private vendors / individuals looking to sell used guns & accessories? Are manufacturers there representing new products? I noticed that urban tactical from Brantford is planning to be there.
    In regards to purchases, do most sellers take cash only, or is debit / credit cards options. If not, are ATMs on site, or do I need to plan my budget ahead.
    Am I kidding myself that it will be a good place for a new shooter to find a nice first gun or two? I'm going to go for the experience regardless. Just like knowing what to expect.
    Thanks.

BANNED
    Lots of overpriced stuff.......

Get there at 8am if you want to find a deal, otherwise forget it. It's a busy show, and everything gets scooped up in the first half hour.

I don't bother anymore.....

Oh, and cash is the only way to go, and I don't believe there is an ATM.

In the end the EE here has far better deals then you will likely find at the show.

It's like these old fudds have never heard of the internet, and you will find most things overpriced, and many who will not entertain lower offers.

Just frustrating.......

im going to check it out too. looking to get cheap accessories more than anything. this is my first gun show in canada. hopefully they are at least somewhere near where the regional shows are like in the US (which i have been to many).

so there really isnt an ATM there? wtf? and who hasnt heard of the cell operated credit/debit machines. they arent exactly expensive.

I was going to go too but I have a feeling it will be disapointing...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ciphery's Avatar
    If you want a shot out sporterized Lee-Enfield that you payed too much for its a great place.
    Every once and a while a gem pops up but they have become few and far between.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ciphery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Margucci View Post
    im going to check it out too. looking to get cheap accessories more than anything. this is my first gun show in canada. hopefully they are at least somewhere near where the regional shows are like in the US (which i have been to many).

so there really isnt an ATM there? wtf? and who hasnt heard of the cell operated credit/debit machines. they arent exactly expensive.
    No paper trail when you find out that your perchase has a bent barrel, missing part or otherwise needs to be returned to seller. No receipt providing sellers info, just your defective product and a sense of shame.

Whether you enjoy a gun show depends on your expectations. If you are looking for something specific or you expect a wide selection of new and modern guns at unforgettable prices you will be disappointed. If you are interested in out-of-production guns, rare parts, interesting books, things you won't find at Le Barons and don't mind haggling you are more likely to enjoy a gun show.

Like the EE good deals don't last long. Avoiding the bad deals and finding the good ones depends on your own firearms knowledge and ability to rate a gun's condition and serviceability after a quick examination. Be able to tell whether a bore is shot out, if a gun's been re-blued, a shotgun is off the face or a revolver is out of time or go with someone who does. Work the action, try the trigger, check that the safety works, look for cracks in the metal or wood and for signs of previous repairs or alterations. Don't be crushed if you find something wrong with a gun you've purchased at a show. BTW, I've had that happen with an EE purchase that resulted in a WTF moment when I took it apart. Consider it a learning experience.

I don't recall if the Orangeville hall has an ATM. But even if there is based on other gun shows I do know that any ATM in the facility is often emptied out early.

Get your cash in advance, know your stuff or go with someone who does, be prepared to haggle and to walk away if the deal doesn't feel right. Gun shows are not commercial events for the most part but are shooting-related community events.
    Last edited by Claybuster; 06-01-2013 at 03:46 PM.

yea i wouldnt buy a gun from there. i dont have much interest in classics and i would want to know its history and have some accountability. honestly, im hoping to get some good deals on cases, ammo can, cleaning stuff, etc.

BANNED
    "...manufacturers there representing new products..." Nope. Usually private sales only, but some dealers show up by times.
    "...somewhere near where the regional shows..." No way. No how.
    Canadian gun shows can be just like American gun shows. Flea markets with a lot of non-firearm related junk or they can be strictly firearm related stuff. Depends on the club sponsoring it. They aren't commercial enterprises like they are Stateside. At any of 'em, in either country, you have to know what stuff assorted is worth, retail.

There is an ATM just inside the door. Also one in the other half of the facility that usually has something going on as well.IIRC it only dispenses $200 at a time. Refuse to pay tax if cash is all they take.
    Last edited by FALover; 06-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    when guns are outlawed we become subjects.

Non-compliance, 'cause bad laws are worse than no laws.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast