Page 1 of 56 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

The district of Mission, BC, is trying to implement a full shooting ban from Burma road to all other logging roads & wilderness areas. They are having a hearing June 19th at 6:30 at city hall, if no one shows up, forget shooting in the bush anymore!! We have a petition at the store, 33154 1st ave, come by & sign it, then show up at the meeting! Here is the link:
    http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/upl...arms-Bylaw.pdf
    EDIT: I gathered petitions, talked to city hall, gave a speech at the meeting, joined the comittee & got the new bylaw overturned!! No more full shooting ban!
    Last edited by hical.ca; 05-14-2014 at 12:14 AM.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

I would if I were from there.. that's where it matters to show up. Don't give them a chance to make "an example"! Others will follow behind them..

I hope that the irresponsible shooters who blaze away with little regard to safety and then leave the area in such terrible shape (ie/ a toxic dumping ground) look in the mirror and admit some responsibility for this reaction of the community.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I hope that the irresponsible shooters who blaze away with little regard to safety and then leave the area in such terrible shape (ie/ a toxic dumping ground) look in the mirror and admit some responsibility for this reaction of the community.
    Agreed.
    CCFR/NFA

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Its hard to regulate that, so yes there could be some action that could be taken by the shooting community to prevent further damage in regards to the reputation of resonsible gun owners..

I hope someone shows up with something intelligent to say to support the outdoor shooting. All it will take are a few photos of what they do to the area to support the bylaws against it. Some areas literally look like it snowed shotgun shells up there.

You should organize some smart people to present for the outdoor shooting side of things at your store. Even better do it yourself.
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    I wish they would ban the guys dumping meth labs, contractors avoiding dumping fees, car thieves burning cars, campers who leave their camp sights in a massive bon fire and off roaders who blow their diffs and trannys and leave the oil to seep into the ground and streams. Sylvester has a wide array of problems and shooters are one factor of a much larger problem. Banning shooting will only make them realize the bigger issue.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Maybe a proposal to self-police the area? Volunteers? Camp Host?

this is not good news, . With the amount of junk that gets dumped up there, plus the reckless shooting im not surprised that the city of mission is pushing for a ban. But there are plenty of decent people that go shooting up there and pack out what they pack in!!!

Quite frankly, I'm not hopeful about the outcome of the vote or that the unsafe polluters who head up there will change their ways.
    The sage comment of the Range Warden at my club keeps repeating in my mind: "Adults just can't be trusted..."
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 1 of 56 1234567891121 ... LastLast