Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

BANNED
    I was up there two weekends ago, after the police road block and checking your guns, for locks. Then we were aloud to go up the mountain. There are responsible shooters and dam hillbillies that drink beer and blow up tv's. I personally only use shotgun clays as targets, nothing else that will just litter the area full of garbage. But there is not way to regulate the park area unless the close access to it in the evenings and have a 24/7 security person to report the dumbasses that, go at night with groups of party goers girls and guys mixed, drinking and driving on the logging road and shooting their guns! Makes me MAD there are so many stupid dumbasses out there, and there is really nothing anyone can do about stopping this bylaw from being implemented.

Some people are just born stupid.

Maybe a solution would be to offer incentives to people who clean up that crap. Roads won't get closed and crap won't be left in the woods. If it is, people are given a bonus for doing what we all should be doing.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

Is there any official word as to why this bylaw is being considered?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    And here I thought it was just Ontario that sucked (it does).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Sadly everyone saw it coming.
    Sadly everyone know a few bad apples always spoils the crop let it be closures or speed bump.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Would someone with a higher intellectual capacity than my own please look at the link provided by Hi-Cal and tell me where the eastern border of Mission District ends/begins.
    To me, it looks like the border runs along Stave Lake. Sylvester Rd is east of Stave Lake.

the funny thing is the only people that will end up fighting for sylvester are the responsible ones like us. do you honestly think all the idiots whose behavior lead to this happening are going to fight to keep sylvester? chances are they don't even know whats happening. I hate to say it but I'm glad it's finally getting shut down, that place is a cesspit for retards and is literally unsafe. Last time I was there some idiot came up to me and started yapping saying he shoots unpinned mags in his sks there, dynamic story bro.

This sucks, but the crap up there is the reason I only go to the range to shoot now. Morons will be morons, and as said by many here the few will ruin it for the many. Unfortunate. I really don't see any amount of support on our side changing the mind of Mission district counsellors. That place is catashrophe on it's best day. You can walk most places in the main shooting areas and not even touch dirt there are so many shells on the ground. I personally take a garbage bag full of shells out with me when I do/did go so if I got stopped on the way out the CO's wouldn't hassle me but it made no difference in the grand scheme of things, that place is toxic. The worst part of it is, is that's the people who do the most damage are not the shooters, it's the 4x4 crowd, their brutal. Driving through habitat streams & "trailblazing", the dumping of various crap & oil, the booze, etc etc. Sad to hear. Good luck on your efforts HiCal

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Kurupt View Post
    I was up there two weekends ago, after the police road block and checking your guns, for locks. Then we were aloud to go up the mountain. SNIP

Some people are just born stupid.
    It is my understanding that locks are not required when non-restricted and in 'transport' mode.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before. Save time... see it my way.
    Well, I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    According to the big map on my office wall, most of the shooting areas on crown land and therefore are outside Mission's control, so whatever Mission does can't affect things too much. It is a shame to see the litter and garbage all over any good shooting spot.