Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 324244454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

was at little iraq shooting today, wasnt that crowded considering it was fathers day.

RCMP pickup came by, asked to see our PAL cards and make sure we were cleaning up after ourselves.

on a side note.. the big box stores were outta .22 so i grabbed a 500 brick of CCI blazer from hub sports... I gotta say from now on, thats gonna be my go-to .22 bulk ammo, stuff is amazing.

I have a rifle that will not cycle bulk thunderbolt or winchester AT ALL, yet only got 1 stovepipe outta around 250 rounds with the blazer

So one set of cops say area is closed unless hunting, an another does not say a thing.......where abouts were you shooting Czechsanchez?

CGN Regular
    "Little Iraq" ? Is that Stave lake or Sylvester road area ?

[newbie to the area here]

Quote Originally Posted by MattRidge View Post
    "Little Iraq" ? Is that Stave lake or Sylvester road area ?

[newbie to the area here]
    Its Sylvester Rd area...East of Stave and outside Mission District and into Fraser Valley Regional.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyinbc View Post
    Its Sylvester Rd area...East of Stave and outside Mission District and into Fraser Valley Regional.
    Thanks.

@Grove: it was not this area which was questioned previously, but the west side of Stave lake, after km 19 (or wherever Mission District is supposed to end).

sorry for delay in reply.

I drive up Sylvestor road, past cascade falls, up the gravel, past the first bridge, the first big pull out to the left where it sorta serpentine's down the hill with various shooting spots. The more "low brow" of the shooting spots if I admit.

http://www.mission.ca/discharge-of-f...law-5433-2014/
    It looks like they enacted it already despite the protests
    I am not stupid
    I am dyslexic
    And this site has no spell check

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coyotebc View Post
    http://www.mission.ca/discharge-of-f...law-5433-2014/
    It looks like they enacted it already despite the protests
    Protests ? What protests ?

Its the same here with regards to #######s leaving garbage in the bush because they are either lazy or want to save a few dollars, I go out on my can am all the time 60 or more KM out into the bush and find couches cars and more garbage than I could carry, I don't even know how they get some of it where it is as its a chore to even get there on a new can am outlander. So the issue really seems to be more about lack of bylaw enforcement for illegal dumping than irresponsible firearms use. I know its a long shot but id try to remind them of that.

Its a Sad day, I used to shoot 22 in the woods in my backyard as it was legal, but now that those three mounties were ambushed near here and murdered by a loser and coward, now if I so much as set off a firecracker or a loud noise now the scanners light up with potential gunshot calls, a few bad apples ruin if for everyone

Sorry to necro this, I've been out of the country for a while and just got back a month ago. Is there a total shooting ban up Sylvester road way? I used to head up a ways passed the bridge just before the road got really steep. Anyone still shooting up here?