Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 354547484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by pangit View Post
    Am I wrong about this one, or do BC residents not need a permit for body armour?

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...de/00_09024_01
    Wtf? Alberta too it seems https://www.solgps.alberta.ca/progra...s/default.aspx

Did BC and AB just turn into North Korea? It's weird, those 2 provinces have always seemed like the most gun friendly in the country.

What next, regulating hard construction helmets and requiring permits for owning a defibrilator? How about earplugs? Flotation devices? Anything that protects humans should be regulated, obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by pangit View Post
    Am I wrong about this one, or do BC residents not need a permit for body armour?

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...de/00_09024_01
    Special permit (usually work issued) , or have a Valid PAL for body amour in B.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    It is a stupid law but the Alberta one seems to make most CGN members exempt the way I read it.

Are some individuals exempted from the Act?

Yes. Any person or any occupation with a legitimate need for body armour is exempt from the Act. The following persons are exempt while performing duties within the scope of their employment:
    Police officers
    Peace officers
    Ambulance attendants
    Wildlife or conservation officers
    Firefighters
    Individual holding a valid license under the Security Services and Investigators Act (i.e., security guard, investigator, loss prevention worker, bodyguard)
    Individuals holding a valid licence under the Firearms Act (Canada);
    Gaming and Liquor Act inspectors
    Business owners, or employees of a business, who in the ordinary course of that business or employment purchases, sells, transports or otherwise deals with body armour;
    Public officers as defined in section 117.07 of the Criminal Code (Canada);
    Individuals or museums who are collectors of medieval or historical armour or reproductions of medieval or historical armour;
    Manufacturers of reproductions of medieval or historical armour;
    Individuals involved in farming or ranching operations, while engaged in farming or ranching operations;
    Individuals performing in an exhibition, stampede, rodeo, fair or sporting event.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    Special permit (usually work issued) , or have a Valid PAL for body amour in B.C.
    I don't see the provision for valid PAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    It is a stupid law but the Alberta one seems to make most CGN members exempt the way I read it.
    This exemption doesn't seem to exist in BC, if I'm reading the link I posted correctly.

CGN frequent flyer
    The exceptions n is noted in the regulation
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    The exceptions n is noted in the regulation
    I wasn't seeing it in the original link I posted at www.bclaws.ca and had to find it here: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/em...ng-body-armour

My fault for the confusion. I should have checked source and gone with the provincial government website.
    Last edited by pangit; 10-05-2016 at 09:25 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Exempting PAL holders is still stoopid. There's no reason knowing how to safely handle a firearm should grant you permission to wear a specific piece of clothing.

Or let me rephrase that: there's no reason one should need to learn how to safely handle firearms to own/wear a specific piece of clothing.

In the real world, the effects are terrible: anyone who would feel threatened (for a good or a wrong reason, doesn't matter) would get a PAL, giving them access to guns, instead of just getting a kevlar. This is nut. That's basically forcing someone who doesn't want a gun to get a PAL. The next step is restricting possession of life jacket to people with driving licence, or possession of motorcycle helmets to people with engineering degrees.

Anything that can save a life (or injuries) without harming anyone else should be unregulated, period. Gaz mask, bike/motorcycle helmet, parachute, body armor, butcher's chainmail gloves, ear protector (earmuffs/plugs), safety glasses, Captain America's shield, doesn't matter. Personnaly, I'm not gonna go take a walk wearing a body armor anymore than I'd strap a parachute to my back before going to the supermarket, but if anyone feels like hauling that stuff everyday, they should be free to look silly as much as they want. Without needing a completely unrelated course.

It certainly sounds like there is no shortage of shooters from the Mission BC area judging by this post. If you guys show up to the meeting then I think you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinCalgary View Post
    It certainly sounds like there is no shortage of shooters from the Mission BC area judging by this post. If you guys show up to the meeting then I think you should be ok.
    Say when and where, I will be there if I gotta go through hell or high water.