Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

CGN Regular
    If cop's can check for trigger locks, can't they patrol for people littering, and start handing out fines? Responsible firearms owners put up with way too much. In anything else, like littering or drunk driving, or any type of crime, large or small, its the perpetrator who is guilty, who is sought after to be punished. With firearm owners, it's blame the tool and punish us all.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by piratepete View Post
    It is my understanding that locks are not required when non-restricted and in 'transport' mode.
    No you must have all guns locked and no rounds in chamber. They checked for both of those.

No you must have all guns locked and no rounds in chamber. They checked for both of those.
    I don't believe this is correct. ht tp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

"Non-restricted firearms must be unloaded during transportation"

They must be unloaded but it does not specify anything beyond that

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    The district of Mission, bc, is trying to implement a full shooting ban from Sylvester road to all other logging roads & wilderness areas. They are having a hearing June 19th at 6:30 at city hall, if no one shows up, forget shooting in the bush anymore!! We have a petition at the store, 33154 1st ave, come by & sign it, then show up at the meeting! Here is the link:
    http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/upl...arms-Bylaw.pdf
    The way I read that map in the proposed bylaw, it doesn't go anywhere near Sylvester road. However I think the municipality should
    concentrate on roads, garbage pick-up, water etc ...... and keep their noses out of things that aren't in their jurisdiction.

I'll swing by the store and sign the petition.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?
    ____
    NFA, CSSA

Deleted
    Last edited by smartbomb; 07-23-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I don't believe this is correct. ht tp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

"Non-restricted firearms must be unloaded during transportation"
    I would strongly suggest printing a copy of this and keep it in your range bag.

This could start a new precedent of collective punishment for ALL gun lovers in and around big municipalities.

The amount of empty casings and beer cans discarded is awful....and a bad sign that its just a matter of time before
    Alcohol + Irresponsible Firearm owner(s) = ACCIDENT

We either take responsibility and "educate" our fellow gun owners in maintaining a safe and clean shooting environment for all,
    OR
    Someone would always try to pass some law; trying to restrict your abilities to enjoy our toys to a constantly supervised, highly priced gun range with limited number of shooting tables.

Quote Originally Posted by 9x19p View Post
    Would someone with a higher intellectual capacity than my own please look at the link provided by Hi-Cal and tell me where the eastern border of Mission District ends/begins.
    To me, it looks like the border runs along Stave Lake. Sylvester Rd is east of Stave Lake.
    according to this map, Sylvester is east of Mission. hopefully this ban wont involve Sylvester. It sucks that we wont be able to shoot at Stave but hopefully shooting up Sylvester will remain open (for now)

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife.../FVSAH2012.pdf

How does this work for bear defense? If I am going camping in Mission and want to bring my shotgun for legitimate bear defense, and I get stopped on the way in, what happens? If the ban is for shooting only, then I can still transport and possess my gun in Mission, couldn't I?