Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    This shooting ban may stop the dumb-foocks from shooting up old TV's, but wont do anything to stop drywall dumping and stolen cars getting torched.

Instead of a shooting ban, there should be a $10,000 fine for littering, and a $5000 reward for anyone that provides info on those littering.
    THAT would fix it.
    I like it, but $5000 is a little steep, maybe $1000 for information that leads to a conviction. Set up some trail cams and make some money...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    The bill itself, already link here by Hical...

http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/upl...arms-Bylaw.pdf

Shows three details that strike me as particularly important.

1) It shows that the bill has already passed 1st, 2nd and 3rd readings; all on the 21st of May

2) The bill bans all discharge of firearms including hunting and property defence without a permit from the district

3) It defines forest service roads and any passable trail through the wilderness as a "Highway" and prohibits shooting within 150m of them. Period. Permits irrelevant.

This bill is an all out assault on shooters and hunters. It seems to me that this heavy handed response is their first effort at addressing the problems already noted. Hopefully someone can give them a reason to find a mutually satisfactory solution.

Otherwise, there is nothing left. No common ground between the district and us, and nothing to work on together, towards any greater good.

The irresponsible shooters destroying this for everyone should be tarred and feathered.

We have people like this in Chilliwack too. Mission is just the beginning. I HOPE SOMETHING GOOD COMES OF THIS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    This shooting ban may stop the dumb-foocks from shooting up old TV's, but wont do anything to stop drywall dumping and stolen cars getting torched.

Instead of a shooting ban, there should be a $10,000 fine for littering, and a $5000 reward for anyone that provides info on those littering.
    THAT would fix it.
    I'd donate to the fund and volunteer to help raise enough money to make that happen.

we enjoy going up Sylvester every once in awhile , always clean up after ourselves and when it's burning season burn some of the garbage thats around. Try to go up during the week as it gets too crowded on the weekends. It would be a shame to loose it ! but am surprised that there hasn't been a gate put up years ago ...remember counting 6 burned up (stolen)vehicles on just one trip years ago .Always the idiots that spoil it for everyone else

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 07blackwater's Avatar
    They want to ban all access to the west side of stave eventually. Remember a few years ago Abbotsford wanted to build a water reservoir up there but it got killed?

Name one other water reservoir in the lower mainland that the public can access.

This is just the thin edge of the wedge.
    Last edited by 07blackwater; 06-06-2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Spelling

ban or no ban that is disgusting and id be willing to come over from the island for a day if anyone wants to organize some kind of clean up ( i think its been done before )

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    The district of Mission, bc, is trying to implement a full shooting ban from Sylvester road to all other logging roads & wilderness areas. They are having a hearing June 19th at 6:30 at city hall, if no one shows up, forget shooting in the bush anymore!! We have a petition at the store, 33154 1st ave, come by & sign it, then show up at the meeting! Here is the link:
    http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/upl...arms-Bylaw.pdf
    sylvester road does not appear to be on the map in the bylaw link? This is not good for anyone regardless of where the shooting boundaries are though.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

I can't believe that sylvester road isn't on the map. It's good that it's not though, I plan on going there soon
    1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own (including protection), and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (liberal).

BANNED
    THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY and is not necessarily a bad thing!!!!

This is an excellent opportunity for us CGNers to demonstrate that we are responsible and are willing to volunteer to straighten a mess that non gun owners have also caused...
    Something that was done by irresponsible CANADIANS and NOT specifically only CANADIAN firearms owners..
    That would go in our favor no matter what

If we can organize this, I'd put money into it as well as spend time doing "grunt" work

Win Win Mentality guys

I'd like to spearhead this but don't know how. If a couple more people are in maybe we can achieve this
    I'm in all the way and could help spread the word to Coquitlam locals

As part of the last team of guys who got together and did a clean-up at Sylvester Rd, I'm really not suprised at the move by Mission council (albeit Sylvester Rd does fall within Fraser Regional District)
    I couldn't believe the state of the place. You just knew that at some point the local authority will step in and close these areas down. We hauled away a ton of stuff (all shooting related) and hardly made a dent on the place.
    Yeah, I'll sign the petition, but something has to be done..
    Lots of talk about what could/should be done but, where were all the rest of you when we did the clean-up..? There's gotta be a few hundred guys on CGN from the lower mainland who are within easy driving distance.......and 12 guys turn up on the day..!