Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

Ive done a few clean ups on the malahat where alot of us south islanders shoot, id be happy to come lend a truck and a couple hands

I've been involved in over a half dozen ORGINIZED clean ups of Sylvester RD.
    Organized by responsible users of the land. Gunnutz, rover landers, BC 4wd association etc.
    I've always though a reasonable user fee and a gate should be placed at Sylvester road just past Davis lake prov-park.
    But, the losers that be will just find another area to be jack arses and dump/ destroy
    It's our right to use crown land. We just have to band together. See if conservation can have a officer
    Make his/her detail focus on the area. There's enough dollars/time/donations from British Colombians alike to do this.
    It really upsets me to see an area I've enjoyed for years turn to sheit by people who have no business being outdoors
    Ruin it for us TRUE sportsmen and women.

TheKGB
    smoke them. if ya got 'em

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    They can't ban the whole area unless they increase the city limits..

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    The district of Mission, bc, is trying to implement a full shooting ban from Sylvester road to all other logging roads & wilderness areas. They are having a hearing June 19th at 6:30 at city hall, if no one shows up, forget shooting in the bush anymore!! We have a petition at the store, 33154 1st ave, come by & sign it, then show up at the meeting! Here is the link:
    http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/upl...arms-Bylaw.pdf
    Municipal Hall
    8645 Stave Lake St • Box 20
    Mission, BC V2V 4L9

https://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...4&z=16&iwloc=A

"Regular Council meetings, including Committee of the Whole, are held on the first and third Monday of every month, commencing at 6:30 p.m., in the Council Chamber of the Municipal Hall."

Hey Dave,can you check your date. The 19th is a Wed.
    Are these meetings open to all?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by garybusey View Post
    you're wrong, can be unloaded and no trigger locks and doesnt need to be in a case.
    Can be unloaded? What, your wrong. It has to be unloaded and if you like getting harassed by police, I suggest you keep your guns always under trigger lock at home and transport. Your so wrong it's funny lol

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bcgunkid View Post

Non Restricted Fire arms only need be unloaded when IN TRANSPORT
    You sound like you have a lot of free time, for the police to check up to even see if you can Transport without lock. Good luck, I still suggest lock it up, or don't complain when u get hassled by police when you get pulled over and checked.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    By what grounds are they searching the vehicles?
    On Sylvester they had 4 RCMP cars that I could see and about 8 officers, asking in the road block short distance away from the bottom of the hill, if we were going up the mountain to shoot, and if you said yes, they wanted to check for safe storage of firearms during transport. Note they only checked the chamber and if it was locked. They did not check anything else in my truck.

So you are suggesting we follow made up rules so the police wont illegally harass you?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ Kurupt View Post
    You sound like you have a lot of free time, for the police to check up to even see if you can Transport without lock. Good luck, I still suggest lock it up, or don't complain when u get hassled by police when you get pulled over and checked.
    do you often get randomly pulled over and asked to show the officer that your firearms are locked? If you don't see a problem with this, I don't know where to start
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ Kurupt View Post
    On Sylvester they had 4 RCMP cars that I could see and about 8 officers, asking in the road block short distance away from the bottom of the hill, if we were going up the mountain to shoot, and if you said yes, they wanted to check for safe storage of firearms during transport. Note they only checked the chamber and if it was locked. They did not check anything else in my truck.
    This is why you carry a copy of the transport regulations in every gun case so the officer can piss up a rope when he says you need a trigger lock on a NR. I keep a copy in my vehicles glove box
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!