Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_454 View Post
    So you are suggesting we follow made up rules so the police wont illegally harass you?
    You have your way of doing it, and I have mine, you can do whatever you want! Thanks

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    do you often get randomly pulled over and asked to show the officer that your firearms are locked? If you don't see a problem with this, I don't know where to start
    I see your point and I see the problem, and I don't like getting harassed by police for no reason and stupid reasons, why give them excuses to get into arguments with them, even if you are right. I have gone down that road before, and they don't care about you, and you end up in the back of a cop car while they waste your day. Then they let you go. End of storey. Nothing you can do that will make a difference, or stop it from happening again

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    This is why you carry a copy of the transport regulations in every gun case so the officer can piss up a rope when he says you need a trigger lock on a NR. I keep a copy in my vehicles glove box
    Good for you, This is a good point, agreed.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_454 View Post
    So you are suggesting we follow made up rules so the police wont illegally harass you?
    Do you store your NR at home with some sort of cable lock or trigger lock? If yes, why not leave it on for transport, it's not doing much more work or going out of your way? Pffffftttt lol

Super GunNutz
    I think some people are kinda falling off track. This post isn't about how to transport your guns. The law is the law, and your opinion is your opinion. The way I'm looking at this situation is where does this end? Maybe other city's or districts will try to follow in the same tracks as mission... It's things like this that make me upset about the country I have to raise my 2 kids in. I hope you guys don't get a shooting ban up in mission. Good luck guys

CGN Regular
    good idea to keep a copy in your gun case when you are transporting- I have one in every case---http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mracer View Post
    good idea to keep a copy in your gun case when you are transporting- I have one in every case---http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm
    great idea! Im from Ontario, but following the outcome of this thread! It may not be happening here, but it's an issue that could follow us, if this goes forward!
    Good Luck, give em hell!
    ...Keep Calm And Change Mags...

As long as there are a-holes that are out there messing it up for everyone else, this will be a lost cause.

The only real effective means to deal with the situation is to rat them out every chance you have. Everyone has cel phone cameras, and taking down licence numbers in a discrete fashion will help.

I am not necessarily an advocate for squealing on my fellow man, but these people are a detriment to society, and a blight to gun owners in general.

Right now, these people are the face of gun owners to the Mission District based on the mess they leave behind. There is no rebuttal at this time, save for the great work by those who organize clean up parties, and take out more than they bring in.

This is a war in every sense of the word, and it will take organization, time and effort to stem the problem. With respect to Dave, who is a great guy and has his heart in the right place, I think that a petition is only a means to display a voice. This situation is way beyond talking, and Mission is proposing action.

What are we prepared to do?
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

I looked at that map an yah it seems to end just edited Sylvester road. Are thy going to just ban Stave then? Or but a separate ban on FSr roads?

Quote Originally Posted by KNO3- View Post
    Uhh yeah it is the shooters, the 4x4 crowd doesn't leave piles of shells and garbage everywhere. You think the 4x4 guys make a mess with oil? I have seen people shooting used oil jugs up there. Of course there is some bad apples in the 4x4 crowd most of them care about the environment and organize large scale cleanups of the shooting areas. Last time I went 4x4ing up there we brought out more then we brought in, thanks for throwing another group under the bus.

Its also people going up there just to dump garbage and then the garbage gets shot full of holes so it looks like shoots dumping it.

I think they should gate and lock it, then charge for a key like eagle mountain. And not just a cheap key you can copy at the dollar store, a high end one that cant be copied, then charge $200 a key. Or even better a swipe card system, some way to keep people responsible.
    I'm glad somebody finally said something about that, i was getting pretty sick of the 4x4 bashing. I do go 4x4ing quite a bit and ALWAYS carry my crap out with me. There are idiots in every crowd, you cant condemn a group based on the actions of a few morons.