Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3646484950515253545556

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

Anyone know if there is currently a ban?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Exempting PAL holders is still stoopid. There's no reason knowing how to safely handle a firearm should grant you permission to wear a specific piece of clothing.

Or let me rephrase that: there's no reason one should need to learn how to safely handle firearms to own/wear a specific piece of clothing.

In the real world, the effects are terrible: anyone who would feel threatened (for a good or a wrong reason, doesn't matter) would get a PAL, giving them access to guns, instead of just getting a kevlar. This is nut. That's basically forcing someone who doesn't want a gun to get a PAL. The next step is restricting possession of life jacket to people with driving licence, or possession of motorcycle helmets to people with engineering degrees.

Anything that can save a life (or injuries) without harming anyone else should be unregulated, period. Gaz mask, bike/motorcycle helmet, parachute, body armor, butcher's chainmail gloves, ear protector (earmuffs/plugs), safety glasses, Captain America's shield, doesn't matter. Personnaly, I'm not gonna go take a walk wearing a body armor anymore than I'd strap a parachute to my back before going to the supermarket, but if anyone feels like hauling that stuff everyday, they should be free to look silly as much as they want. Without needing a completely unrelated course.
    The rationale is that recreational shooters have a valid reason to own body armour, as they're around firearms being used with live ammo. Also, as they're background checked and deemed trustworthy to own firearms, they are unlikely to use body armour in crimes.