Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3343454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    EDIT: I gathered petitions, talked to city hall, gave a speech at the meeting, joined the comittee & got the new bylaw overturned!! No more full shooting ban!
    good job. we have victory's, just not enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 762ftw View Post
    Sorry to necro this, I've been out of the country for a while and just got back a month ago. Is there a total shooting ban up Sylvester road way? I used to head up a ways passed the bridge just before the road got really steep. Anyone still shooting up here?
    Sylvester Rd is not in Mission. Sylvester is in the district of Fraser Valley.

Yes, I shoot at Sylvester regularly. Yes, it's legal.

FYI, Missions border stops at the west shoreline of Stave Lake. The road on the west side of Stave leaves Mission District at approx 18km, where you then enter the district of Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    The district of Mission, BC, is trying to implement a full shooting ban from Burma road to all other logging roads & wilderness areas. They are having a hearing June 19th at 6:30 at city hall, if no one shows up, forget shooting in the bush anymore!! We have a petition at the store, 33154 1st ave, come by & sign it, then show up at the meeting! Here is the link:
    http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/upl...arms-Bylaw.pdf
    EDIT: I gathered petitions, talked to city hall, gave a speech at the meeting, joined the comittee & got the new bylaw overturned!! No more full shooting ban!
    Amazing job. Thanks for stepping up! Also, to all those who signed the petition and showed up at the meeting.

Does Sylvester Rd fall in the mission district. I'm not sure. I'll sign the petition, but I think they're counsel would need to be persuaded. The dumping up there is horrible. The area is littered with years of spent ammo casings and garbage. Maybe if a group of volunteers got together to rake up all the faded pink SG cases and cleaned the place up would be a start.
    I hate losers that shoot signs and mile markers even a person with an elementary school education should realize you could hit someone.

One time I went up there and a good thing too because some dam loser left a fire burning and split. needless to say I put it out

It is the FVRD that is writing a new bylaw that would see the end of all plinking and target practice in the FVRD except at approved ranges. It would not effect hunting in existing boundaries but would effect target practice while hunting. There is also a remote consideration that it may be set as ie; 800 meters from a roadway including FSRs instead of a blanket no shooting district wide. It is alsomy understanding that this to be implemented this fall sometime.
    THE FEW, THE PROUD
    SEMPER FI

Support our troops

Hey, great job! :D

Super GunNutz
    Nice Work!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I hope that the irresponsible shooters who blaze away with little regard to safety and then leave the area in such terrible shape (ie/ a toxic dumping ground) look in the mirror and admit some responsibility for this reaction of the community.
    It only takes a few idiots to ruin things for other people. Turn them in if you see them!

Quote Originally Posted by MC One Shot View Post
    It is the FVRD that is writing a new bylaw that would see the end of all plinking and target practice in the FVRD except at approved ranges. It would not effect hunting in existing boundaries but would effect target practice while hunting. There is also a remote consideration that it may be set as ie; 800 meters from a roadway including FSRs instead of a blanket no shooting district wide. It is alsomy understanding that this to be implemented this fall sometime.
    Time to fight again for our rights? Keep us posted about the hearing date if there is any, please.

Quote Originally Posted by 9x19p View Post
    Sylvester Rd is not in Mission. Sylvester is in the district of Fraser Valley.

Yes, I shoot at Sylvester regularly. Yes, it's legal.

FYI, Missions border stops at the west shoreline of Stave Lake. The road on the west side of Stave leaves Mission District at approx 18km, where you then enter the district of Fraser Valley.
    The Mission city border ends about 18k up the west side but apparently they have logging rights way up the valley so that area is off limits to shooting as it is governed by the city of mission. Or at least that was according to the RCMP officers who told us we couldn't shoot way up the road. We weren't the only guys up there and they were polite and allowed us to finish that day but advised us not to come back and shoot. We were probably 30k up the road. Their radios didn't work just to give you an idea how far we were.