Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34444647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Mission, BC, full shooting ban, again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    I stopped believing whatever Hical has to stay after they told me that PAL holders are not permitted to own body Armour and that i didn't know anything and they did because they're a gunstore. Pffft

That was an opinionated staff member who is no longer with us, unfortunately he represented the company to the general public in the short time he worked there....PAL holders ARE allowed to possess body armour.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

I get out to Little Iraq a couple times a year and agreed that it's not the shooters, it's the dumpers. Just garbage everywhere.

I load up my truck to the limit with other peoples sh1t to haul it out whenever I'm there, and without fail there is always more each time I'm back

I also use a rake to pile up my shotshells and shovel to scoop them in a bucket... how f-ing hard is that??? There is no excuse to leave a single thing behind!

CGN Regular
    I was shooting up Sylvester Rd last week and a local told me about the ban that would be coming into effect, wanting to find out if this was true I stopped by the Mission RCMP office, they told me to call someone at forestry, I nice guy from forestry called me back and was able to give me a few details, apparently there is a proposal at the ministry level to have 29 logging roads to have a 400M buffer for no shooting, covers a wide area, for example with Sylvester Rd would include main road as well as all the off shoot roads, it will basically shut down outdoor shooting in the fraser valley except for a few locations, the guy said that they are currently at the consultation stage and that letters will be going out to the local gun clubs, first nations, councils etc.. they are hoping it will be in affect by next year, will also include places like silver lake road on skagit valley.

The guy said there proposal is strictly for target shooting any hunter will be totally except, if during hunting season and shooting at game.

I can really see why they have to do this had a long chat with the guy and it is unbelievable what people have been doing, shooting with out back stops, shooting while wasted and the amount of litter is unbelievable, I go to the same place each time, carry out a couple bags of garbage, people just throw stuff everywhere, has been giving shooters a really bad name.

It seems that the public safety aspect has really pushed this as there have been local properties and campers in different areas saying they have had bullets flying over head, even the place I normally shoot at it is amazing how there are large pieces of metal around and I keep seeing tannerite bottles next to and around these, its not far from the road and I don't think people get what affect this stuff can have when going off and throwing debris around.

Sorry about the rant but I just get so pissed at people who litter the bush and who are un safe.

I would be interested if Hi-Caliber had any thoughts on what can be done in this situation, I have mixed feeling myself as you don't want to support people who are being unsafe and messing up the area, this will really affect the amount of time a spend shooting as I can't go back to shooting at a range, have just found them too constrictive when compared to shooting out in the bush.
    Last edited by delboybc; 07-30-2016 at 04:42 PM.

All true. Since its out of city limit this is mainly for all the areas in the FVRD that have this problem. Sylvester, parts of chilliwack, Harrison. They're writing it to not stop any hunting, like mentioned 400m closures along roads. A lot of the popular plinking areas on Sylvester. Should put a slow down to the some of the knobs. Guys can still go shoot just not off the road as close. No more unloading your garbage or appliances and shooting them. they don't want a blanket ban on discharge becuase they want hunting to continue but aren't happy with what's been going on forever. No little city bylaw. will be provincial.
    Charlie Daniels - What this world needs is a few more rednecks, Some people aint afraid to take a stand

I hope there is a public meeting for representatives of the 4x4, hunting, shooting/ect groups present.

I'd be the guy to yell out "well how about you hire me to patrol the area full time instead of making usage restrictions that only hurt good people??!!!".

I would take that job in a heartbeat to prevent any more closures.

Not sure what you guys have figured out dump wise regarding the garbage, but as mentioned this area is FVRD. Last time we did this I spoke to Mission district and they were very helpful in providing 'no dump fees' at the municipal site near Stave dam. Just got a letter from them stating this (date specific) and photocopied it to all who attended on the day. Just be aware of closing times at the dump and the fact its 20-30 mins away.

Got the letter about ten minutes ago to waive dump fee's.

Quote Originally Posted by delboybc View Post
    I was shooting up Sylvester Rd last week and a local told me about the ban that would be coming into effect, wanting to find out if this was true I stopped by the Mission RCMP office, they told me to call someone at forestry, I nice guy from forestry called me back and was able to give me a few details, apparently there is a proposal at the ministry level to have 29 logging roads to have a 400M buffer for no shooting, covers a wide area, for example with Sylvester Rd would include main road as well as all the off shoot roads, it will basically shut down outdoor shooting in the fraser valley except for a few locations, the guy said that they are currently at the consultation stage and that letters will be going out to the local gun clubs, first nations, councils etc.. they are hoping it will be in affect by next year, will also include places like silver lake road on skagit valley.

The guy said there proposal is strictly for target shooting any hunter will be totally except, if during hunting season and shooting at game.

I can really see why they have to do this had a long chat with the guy and it is unbelievable what people have been doing, shooting with out back stops, shooting while wasted and the amount of litter is unbelievable, I go to the same place each time, carry out a couple bags of garbage, people just throw stuff everywhere, has been giving shooters a really bad name.

It seems that the public safety aspect has really pushed this as there have been local properties and campers in different areas saying they have had bullets flying over head, even the place I normally shoot at it is amazing how there are large pieces of metal around and I keep seeing tannerite bottles next to and around these, its not far from the road and I don't think people get what affect this stuff can have when going off and throwing debris around.

Sorry about the rant but I just get so pissed at people who litter the bush and who are un safe.

I would be interested if Hi-Caliber had any thoughts on what can be done in this situation, I have mixed feeling myself as you don't want to support people who are being unsafe and messing up the area, this will really affect the amount of time a spend shooting as I can't go back to shooting at a range, have just found them too constrictive when compared to shooting out in the bush.
    I understand how you can have mixed feeling about this. I myself am pretty disgusted by the amount of trash(appliances, shotgun shells..etc) left behind by many shooters out in the bush. But i think allowing them to shut down outdoor shooting in the FVRD without a fight is a big mistake...Just the start of a very slippery slope. I think this new development should have it's own thread so more people become aware before its too late. I also think it's time we as a community start doing more to show that there are responsible shooters out there. Something like organizing group cleanups, where a bunch of us with pickups go up on a weekend and cleanup after the jerks that are too lazy to do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    That was an opinionated staff member who is no longer with us, unfortunately he represented the company to the general public in the short time he worked there....PAL holders ARE allowed to possess body armour.
    Am I wrong about this one, or do BC residents not need a permit for body armour?

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...de/00_09024_01