Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rude customer service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themikea's Avatar
    That sucks, I've only been in there a couple of times but had good service. That is an unacceptable attitude towards a customer, and would probably be my last trip to their store.
    Member of NFA, CSSA, CFI, NRA, CPC

sounds like a CGN member...

Maybe the guy was just having a bad day. You never know - he could've just got back from having to put his dog down, or maybe he just got a call from a neighbour that his girlfriend was loading up a cube van and moving out. Ya gotta remember that we're all just human no matter what side of the counter we are standing on. On the other hand the guy could be a certified d*ck head, but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

CGN Regular
    I bought a M305 there and it was when I got home that I noticed they removed one of the 5/20 mags. It was advertised to come with 2 mags.
    Life is Garand

BANNED
    The problem is what people define as good service.

If you pay your money and they sell you a gun they have in stock. Is that good service? All they did was hand you an invoice and send you upstairs to pay for it before you take it. WOW.. exceptional service.

Or did you have to fight to even get noticed at the counter....get a rude sales person...get lied too...told bullshyte stories....get the run around, then get over charged just to find out the gun they sold you was broken and they will send it away at your expense for 6 months to get fixed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    Speak to the manager or owner about this behaviour. It is unacceptable and may be costing the store in lost revenue.
    My favourite gun store had this one salesperson who appeared to be so annoyed at everybody that it was like playing Russian roulette trying not to get him. After a while he was no longer there, and when I went to another Vancouver store to look for a hard to find part (a store well-known for its abysmal customer service) he was behind the counter. I wonder if they recruited him to uphold their reputation LOL.

And they're off!!!! lmao

You should've asked to see the M44 and then handed back to him and said something like.....well I was gonna buy this rifle since it looks like a good deal but since I didn't see it on your website I won't buy it now...in fact I'll go to other stores that have no problem selling me stuff...even if I don't see it on their web site first!
    And then storm out making sure to email the manager about this incident.

There is no reason for that salesmans attitude.

Epps has some great stuff that comes through the door. I've had pretty good success dealing with them over the years, but have also had to endure some pretty rude clerks. I always chalk it up to this: these guys are working in retail, and I don't expect much for like the $9 an hour or whatever they rake in. If it makes them feel good about dissing a potential customer, makes them feel like more of a man, let the baby have their bottle.
    Not just specific to Epps, seen it here in Calgary as well. Gun people are, IMO not always the greatest to deal with. What makes it worse is if you put a counter in front of them, now they are self proclaimed experts. I get they are busy, and patience can wear thin over the day. But can't take it personally.
    "Na množství nehleďte"

I've had the exact conversation with one of those guys over the phone about a month ago. I was looking for a xd45 and got the same lecture. Not sure if it was the same guy or not. I been in there and the place is crazy busy,but that's no excuse for crappy service.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast