Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rude customer service

Quote Originally Posted by 2strklvr View Post
    Maybe the guy was just having a bad day. You never know - he could've just got back from having to put his dog down, or maybe he just got a call from a neighbour that his girlfriend was loading up a cube van and moving out. Ya gotta remember that we're all just human no matter what side of the counter we are standing on. On the other hand the guy could be a certified d*ck head, but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

no one give a flying f*** what his deal is or was - its a business. happy customer = sale = profit = happy life. bought my first gun at epps too and use to drive at least twice a year from toronto to just go see the store and try stuff before buying but cuz of stuff like this, never bother anymore.

some canadian retailers get away with murder cuz of the fanboys and the perception that they are there to do us, the customers a favour. heres a clue, if they wont, someone else will. and this idea that they are enduring some hardship for the community is complete BS, get over it already.

Would be nice to hear from EPPS explaining why their service is like this.

Wow ! This happened to me about a month ago at Epps. My first and last time there. I was doing a delivery in the area and decided to make a stop. Was looking for an S & W 686 and got treated like I was some punk off the street (closing in on 50). Needless to say I spent my money elsewhere

I stopped into Epps for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago to check it out and see what they have to offer. They certainly have a large selection of products, but after dealing with the meat head behind the gun counter who clearly wasn't interested in helping me or anyone else out, I left. I won't be wasting my time there ever again, and I certainly won't recommend them to anyone.

Happened to me too...

Me too, some f***wit with tattoos was very rude to me in the gun room. I politely asked him if I could take a pair of binoculars outside to test them, he basically accused me of being a thief. I then made it clear that if he didn't curb his attitude I was coming over the counter. He pooped his little pants , I guess all those skull tattoos are a cover up. Made me so mad.

I called back later to complain, no one gave a ####. Don't shop there, PERIOD. Mail order from PRF, Ab is a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jwk View Post
    Would be nice to hear from EPPS explaining why their service is like this.
    They've been like this for years, hence why I will never order from them. Half the reviews I hear of them are terrible ..

CGN frequent flyer Cyanide Ride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    no one give a flying f*** what his deal is or was - its a business. happy customer = sale = profit = happy life. bought my first gun at epps too and use to drive at least twice a year from toronto to just go see the store and try stuff before buying but cuz of stuff like this, never bother anymore.

some canadian retailers get away with murder cuz of the fanboys and the perception that they are there to do us, the customers a favour. heres a clue, if they wont, someone else will. and this idea that they are enduring some hardship for the community is complete BS, get over it already.
    This.

I contacted a sponsor requesting if they were interested in a trade for a Tavor they had in stock.

I took the time to put a well thought out email with pictures and their response was "not interested"

A week later I was able to sell off some other items and went to another vendor to purchase it.

I guess I was expecting at least a "Nice carbine, but you know what? we can't really use that in our store" for the large email with pictures I sent initially.

Butt hurt? maybe, but hey, a kind response would've made them an easy sale but I took my money elsewhere.

I just cannot stand the way "employees" are nowadays. It's like it is such a chore for them to spend a few minutes to help me out.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32

Unofficial TV-PressPass fan.

BANNED
    The 'employees' at Epps are not there to help you or sell you anything.
    They work there to get first dibs on all the trade ins,(then re-sell it themselves), stock that comes in (ever wonder how all their AR parts disappeared last Dec.) and the huge parts room.
    They are there for themselves.

I've never been impressed with customer service at EPPS. They act like they're too busy to help most of the time. I've been there dozens of times. I don't go there for the service, I go there because they have lots of stock.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast