Page 1 of 39 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

Hi there,

I first just want to say that I understand the reluctancy to talk about matters that are not resolved or set in stone. That being said, there are many thousands of CZ 858 owners out there, many of them on this forum, and I like many others are concerned about the potential reclassification of our rifles.

Since Wolverine is the importer of these rifles it would seem logical that you guys would have the most information regarding their current legal status and the potential changes coming to it. Many other dealers have pointed to an almost certain reclassification to prohibited on the grounds that CZ 858s are built on converted auto receivers.

What I and others would like to know is all the available information surrounding this issue so that we may take action to prevent abuse of power by the RCMP by writing our MPs and being able to present an informed basis upon which to argue that the ridiculous system of classification must be gutted along with every other piece of the Firearms Act that needlessly burdens lawful Canadian firearms owners.

Thanks for you help on this matter.

Brian
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC

I too would appreciate some information from Wolverine so that I can be aware of the actual facts of where this issue is currently.

Thank you,

A Wolverine customer.
    C.C.F.R.
    N.R.A.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Don B Kates.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    You realize that these threads will bring out the full-on retards? Just lock it.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    When Justin gets in, he'll just take a list of the cool rifles, from this site, and ban/confiscate 'em all!
    There, now you can lock it.

And if the CZ858 gets reclassification to prohibited, then what will happen to all the owners how don't have a prohibited licence and have spent all the money on the rifle and the upgrades. Are we going to get a knock at the door, and told to turn it over and then just be out our rifle and the money we put in it? Doesn't sound overly fair to me.

Can't take what they can't find people need to grow a set and just say no your not getting it they don't have big enough jails to lock us all up

Before the thread gets locked

Excuse my ignorance on most gun matters Canadian

Isn't the 858 NR?, that being so, the powers that be would have to rely on the honesty of owners to own up to owning one

Is this correct??
    No matter how far you push the envelope, it will still be stationery

Quote Originally Posted by Helixxx View Post
    Before the thread gets locked

Excuse my ignorance on most gun matters Canadian

Isn't the 858 NR?, that being so, the powers that be would have to rely on the honesty of owners to own up to owning one

Is this correct??
    not if they have a shorter barrel classifying them as restricted

Mine was given away at a truth telling contest two towns over, go find it.

It's the Great panic all over again!
    Non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tuo da gloriam.

Page 1 of 39 1234567891121 ... LastLast