Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New short shotgun from Fabarm, available in Canada soon?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dogzilla's Avatar
    Feel free to explain that to the CFC because they forgot to consult me when the made their decision. And their decision regarding pump shotguns is in writing I believe on the frt discs. It went something like any pump shotgun with a factory barrel length less than 16" combined with an OAL of less than 26" (they said it in metric but I'm old) is considered a handgun and therefore restricted. Somebody had the exact section posted here a few years ago but it's since disappeared (or buried in a couple thousand threads). I would love it to be non rest as I have an 8 1/2 I plan on putting on a pistol grip on to play with on the action range. It doesn't matter to me if it's restricted, but it does make it harder to sell
    They say age brings wisdom, and in the same breath say there's no fool like an old fool.

BANNED
    You are thinking of the dlask shortys. The cfc/RCMP claimed they were a handgun... Lol.

In theory, these should be the same as a ranch hand but they are black and than makes a difference in the eyes of the RCMP. The age of the action design has nothing to do with it and even if it did, pump actions have been around for along time.

CGN frequent flyer
    Well, look like we won't see this shotgun anytime soon, information from another site sponsor is that firearms exports from Italy is stopped at this moment due to new exports regulations.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...hipment-delays

Maybe TSE could confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Hi
    It's a new super compact version of the fabarm Martial shotgun but with an 11" barrel and pistol grip, already available in Italy, it is of course restricted with the pistol grip only (Oal 20.85") but with a pistol grip stock it should be NR.

Will it be available in Canada in the near future ? in both restricted and NR configuration?

TSE, will you import it ?

We have a couple of hundred on order! The Fabarm Martial Pistol was met with a huge amount of interest at TSE booth at CANSEC. Beside the "Guarden Gnome" it was the most photographed item in our booth. It looked sweet with a breaching tool on the end! For Canada JR ordered them with regular and Proforces stocks to keep the overall length NR. It hold 4+1 shells. NATO testing at 50M with slugs brought in 2 1/2" groupings. The barrel was designed specifically to take slug.

As far as exports from Italy go - we are confident when Fabarm is ready to ship this gun (Fall/13-Spring/14) there will be no problems.

CGN frequent flyer
    This is excellent news Tseheather, let hope that Jr also ordered a few restricted one with the pistol grip only.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Does the barrel have screw-in chokes?

What is the price tag on this one

Quote Originally Posted by tseheather View Post
    we have a couple of hundred on order! The fabarm martial pistol was met with a huge amount of interest at tse booth at cansec. Beside the "guarden gnome" it was the most photographed item in our booth. It looked sweet with a breaching tool on the end! For canada jr ordered them with regular and proforces stocks to keep the overall length nr. It hold 4+1 shells. Nato testing at 50m with slugs brought in 2 1/2" groupings. The barrel was designed specifically to take slug.

As far as exports from italy go - we are confident when fabarm is ready to ship this gun (fall/13-spring/14) there will be no problems.
    amazing!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer abbynormal's Avatar
    So, if I understand this correctly -

One configuration of this beauty is basically an 11" version of the Martial Proforces 14" ?

Ohhhh .....