Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FDE Tavor's and CTAR's now available!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Whats with all the love for CTAR barrel? Arent they restricted if put on the gun?
    Really you don't see what the deal is? 1 gun that can have its barrel changed in 10 minutes and is NR in stock form is awesome. Some people who have land shoot on their properties although it would be "illegal" with the CTAR because of stupid law. Before I got into the sport my whole family (mother, grandmother and all) were taken shooting on someone's property shooting his glock. I didn't know this was illegal until years later and when I brought it up to him he had no clue (former officer of 20 years.) goes to show, even some cops don't know how ridiculous our laws are.

Ok back on topic lol

FDE Tavor's and CTAR's now available!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jus102Carbines View Post
    Really you don't see what the deal is? 1 gun that can have its barrel changed in 10 minutes and is NR in stock form is awesome. Some people who have land shoot on their properties although it would be "illegal" with the CTAR because of stupid law. Before I got into the sport my whole family (mother, grandmother and all) were taken shooting on someone's property shooting his glock. I didn't know this was illegal until years later and when I brought it up to him he had no clue (former officer of 20 years.) goes to show, even some cops don't know how ridiculous our laws are.

Ok back on topic lol
    Hmmm, maybe because of my financial view, but couple hundred bucks can be spent somewhere else, maybe a good optic. Other than restricting yourself with a shorter barrel. IMHO.

Who is selling these then? Do we order from NS? Do they come with the case, sling and extra mag?

Quote Originally Posted by anmckenn View Post
    Who is selling these then? Do we order from NS? Do they come with the case, sling and extra mag?
    Contact your local dealer or keep an eye on the dealer forums...

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

I wish I had of known FDE was coming 21 days ago.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

So correct me if I'm wrong, are the CTARs coming from the factory non-restricted?

Quote Originally Posted by anmckenn View Post
    So correct me if I'm wrong, are the CTARs coming from the factory non-restricted?
    CTAR is the restricted version of the TAR 21...

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

I'm thinking about buying a non restricted tavor but I like the short barrel. Can I buy one (restricted or non) and get a barrel to convert it to the other? It's either the tavor or the ACR. I like the ACR because I can have the 18.5" barrel and shoot it in the bush then switch to the shorty for tactical carbine at the range.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a non restricted tavor but I like the short barrel. Can I buy one (restricted or non) and get a barrel to convert it to the other? It's either the tavor or the ACR. I like the ACR because I can have the 18.5" barrel and shoot it in the bush then switch to the shorty for tactical carbine at the range.
    You would have to do after market for acr there are no nr right now

For 3" less?? Gotta go through the trouble of registration and having it on the books
    Last edited by anmckenn; 06-16-2013 at 10:49 AM.