Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Savage Mk II FV-SR Rifles AVAILABLE NOW

Great, that is good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    I run the warranty here and I have exactly zero Savage Mark IIs anywhere in the logbooks at all. I've yet to see one go wrong. They are essentially scaled down versions of their centerfire rifles, which have earned their reputation as an industry leader by having extremely strong bolts and actions.

I can't imagine ever seeing an issue with a Mk II. The action has been around for years, it's been vetted by thousands and thousands of shooters; Savage's rimfire history is extremely long and very positive. Their rimfire and centerfire actions alike have been used for decades and decades and are routinely passed down to the next new shooter in line.

Cheers,
    Daniel

It's a nice gun. And I'm sure a lot of plinkers and target shooters will enjoy this rifle. It's too bad it isn't produced in a left hand version. No intention to high-jack the Wanstalls advertisement thread here, but Savage doesn't even have any pictures up on their website of left handed 22s, 22mag, or 17s. ( except a youth model) It has been like that for a long time. In this regard I find Savages lack of attention to showing pics of left hand rimfires on their internet site very annoying, and disrespectful to potential buyers from the left hand market. It would be greatly appreciated if the gun shops like Wanstalls (and others) would bring this to their attention. I'd be in for one of the Mk II FV-SR rifles if they made it in a left hand version. Please know that my rant is not directed at Wanstalls or other gun shops.

CGN Regular
    Anyone remember what these were priced at??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    No Left handed pictures! Take the RH model, and mirror it in photoshop. Taa daa, a picture of the LH version.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

How much were these? Sad I missed them.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillen1 View Post
    How much were these? Sad I missed them.
    Frontier had them at $269. I was lucky enough to get one at $265 shipped on the EE yesterday. There is a few resellers who still have them in the +$300 range (Al Simmons has them in stock at $339). Though, I think these are overpriced.

I posted in the rim fire forums a few days ago on where to get a brand new one for $229 and they still have stock. I can't disclose the name because this is in wanstalls's thread

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    I posted in the rim fire forums a few days ago on where to get a brand new one for $229 and they still have stock. I can't disclose the name because this is in wanstalls's thread
    Which ends up at $266 all-in, which is pretty much the same price I got mine for, though mine is used. Still a hell of a good price though.

I missed out on this shipment. Any idea when another might be rolling in?

Cheers.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    I bought one of these a year ago and it would not shoot any kind of ammo well ? Fist size groups at 50 yards ! even tried high end Laupa ammo .. Maybe mine just had a defective barrel ? I dumped it and bought a CZ452 never looked back ..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast