Thread: Website changes/comments/queries thread.

Website changes/comments/queries thread.

This thread is a place for you to comment on our website, any problems, comments, etc.

I'll start with a change just made.

Previously if you added items to your cart, it would display 12% HST as a default estimate UNTIL you signed in with your account and the system then knew what Province you were in. We don't collect PST for non-HST Provinces, just 5% GST. This lead to many emails from customers telling us the site was trying to charge them incorrect taxes. I am sure we lost customers at that point as well. This would be resolved if they had signed in, but that is irrelevant. From now on, default display tax is 5% GST. If you sign in and are in HST Province, it will calculate HST correct for your Province.

Anything else, PLEASE let me know.

Regards,
    Walter

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jackrabbit000's Avatar
    Email...do you guys ever reply to emails? I've emailed you guys several times and not once did I ever receive a reply. I finally gave up and ordered from Brownell's.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit000 View Post
    Email...do you guys ever reply to emails? I've emailed you guys several times and not once did I ever receive a reply. I finally gave up and ordered from Brownell's.

well.... there is this thing called a phone, i herd it works very well for communicating and it even gives resposes almoste immediatly!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    well.... there is this thing called a phone, i herd it works very well for communicating and it even gives resposes almoste immediatly!

This is true, however if a company does not want to communicate via email then simply remove the option. Preference for written communication via email is a generational thing now. Ironically, its a throw back to the days gone by, just with a technological advantage.

There is fundamentally nothing superior about a phone versus email. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Your argument can be applied to companies that don't answer their phone but respond to emails. I am sure that would piss you off.

If a company is going to offer the service, then they should act on that service.

I to, have never received a response to an email to Arms East.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrow397 View Post
    This is true, however if a company does not want to communicate via email then simply remove the option. Preference for written communication via email is a generational thing now. Ironically, its a throw back to the days gone by, just with a technological advantage.

There is fundamentally nothing superior about a phone versus email. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Your argument can be applied to companies that don't answer their phone but respond to emails. I am sure that would piss you off.

If a company is going to offer the service, then they should act on that service.

I to, have never received a response to an email to Arms East.
    Me too. My business went to Epps as a result.

Disappointed to read this. We respond to every email we receive. We spend our days replying to emails, and phone calls. If you didn't get a reply, we didn't get your email. Why is a question I would like to answer. We receive tonnes of spam which we have (I understand) two levels of filters to help with. I hope this might be more likely than we just don't want to answer questions from potential customers, why would we do that?

jbrow, if you could do me the favour, please PM me your email address. I would like to at least come back to you with a reply to why your email wasn't responded to. If it came here and no one answered, I want to know, if it didn't make it here at all, I want to know as well.

Thank-you,
    Walter

CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

My emails and calls have never gone unanswered.... Strange. Walter and Steve are great to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post

learn to spell before you put your 2 cents in.
    "I HAVE A STRONG FEELING ABOUT GUN CONTROL. IF THERE'S A GUN AROUND, I WANT TO BE CONTROLLING IT." Clint Eastwood PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN

If anyone wants to come to our paid forum to help us respond to inquires better, or to ask a question, we welcome your questions.
    Our forum, our store.
    Thanks.

CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

You guys answered the phone one night well after 9pm ontario time and answered emails within 2 hours any time I dealt with you... I don't think lack of communication be it phone or email is a problem with AE