Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lack of communication!

Unprofessional NS. I dread the day I need to use NS for warranty work...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsl333 View Post
    Unprofessional NS. I dread the day I need to use NS for warranty work...
    Easily fixed: don't buy stuff they distribute.

This all support issue is one of the reason I am really frisky buying stuff they distribute. Though, the gun market in Canada being what it is, there is no reason for them to improve the service as there is very few competition they might suffer from.

CGN Regular
    I think NS are on these forums to give general annocemnts of coming products they are working on. I see their threads more for a what is coming in the next few months. Actual questions should go to the individual retailers who I will be dealing with directly
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

My RMA # is 14297 I sent most of my emails to RobM@NorthSylva.com I also message you a few times on this forum with my RMA # and questions.
    I am figuring out how to post messages sent that way I can show the PMs I sent you with my RMA # and questions I asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Your right about the lack of communication.

In your entire rant, there was not one shred of information I could use to check on the status of your repair.

Name? I checked my emails and PM's for a guy named "Soldier270" but came up short.

Serial number?

RMA Number?

What email address did you send your inquiry too?

I'd be happy to help you but need more info.

Jon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    That's puzzeling, why are they even here in the open forums ??

Maybe they should only appear in a private forum open to dealers.
    That's easy. To let us know about new and interesting products that they will be bringing in. Like advertising. It's actually good to see the advertising/promoting duties not just falling on the dealers.

CGN Regular
    Firstly...I'll disagree with Matt on the issue of emails. In my business I deal with approximately 60-70 customer emails a day...and some do indeed never show up. Either the customer has entered an address wrong or puts something in their header that causes our spam protection (which every company will use) to not allow it through. (Example...send me something with the word 'lottery' in the title and I'll likely never see it).
    With a phone call, you know right away whether they got it or not.
    On the other hand...I'm in the photographic industry, and I dare say companies like Nikon and Canon Canada deal with far more issues than any gun company in Canada. And yes, I (a dealer) are their primary customer. But if an end user contacts them on a repair issue, whether that end user or ourselves have sent the repair in...they are deal with in a very timely fashion...usually within 24 hours.
    At the very least the distributor (not pointing fingers at NS specifically) should get back to the customer and tell them they should go through their dealer.

This is my last PM to Jon of NS. It was back in April and although he did not reply to this message I did get an email 7 days later that my rifle was waiting to be test fired.

04-23-2013, 02:03 PM

Soldier270

Soldier270 is online now Newbie
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need a response

Hello,
    Ref: RMA#14297
    NS has had my rifle for just over 7 weeks, I have emailed last week and this week to get an update on my rifle with no reply. It would put my mind at ease if I could get an update on my rifle.

Thank you
    Hello

Ref: RMA#14297

I emailed last week for a status update on my Rifle... no reply! I would like a update on my rifle now that 7 weeks have gone by. I don't care what the status is I want a reply to my email request!

Thank you

John Blake

To: Rob DiMano <RobM@NorthSylva.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:35:08 AM
    Subject: Re: Rifle

Hello,

Ref: RMA# 14297

I would like the status of my rifle as it has been over 6 weeks that you have had it.

Thank you

John Blake

I went through my dealer, and after all the trouble shooting did not work they told me to deal with NS and sent me there info. After contacting NS I was given a RMA# and I sent my rifle post haste. My point of contact is NS not the dealer.
    I would have to agree though I should not have had to deal with the distributor, the dealer should have been my only point of contact. I had only purchased this rifle 3 weeks before it was sent to get fixed... and 19 of those days was spent trouble shooting over the phone and emails.
    Last edited by Soldier270; 06-17-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier270 View Post
    My RMA # is 14297 I sent most of my emails to RobM@NorthSylva.com I also message you a few times on this forum with my RMA # and questions.
    I am figuring out how to post messages sent that way I can show the PMs I sent you with my RMA # and questions I asked.

Thanks for the info.

Rob M is no longer with our company. That's probably why you haven't heard any info lately.

I will check into that RMA number for you, and respond shortly via PM.

Thanks,

Jon

CGN Regular
    Just a suggestion, when an employee leaves you should forward their email so the new person taking over there job so this doesn't happen. Just a pro tip.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast