Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Imports GM6 LYNX SEMI AUTO .50 BMG BULLPUP Promo Video!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Serious question....when someone buys something like this, do you record their name for any reason?

Warranty
    proof of purchase
    etc...

I think you know where I'm going with this.

Lets say someone were to walk in, show pal, pay cash and leave....that possible? No names recordered, etc.
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I could buy it in 3 months.... but it would drain the bank account(s)......
    Give it a year.... lol

No idea how warranty is handled at tactical imports, but...

Buying a Non-Restricted *new* from a dealer has always had a name recorded, pal-info, etc. linked to that firearm and it's always been that way even before the now-dead-registry; however, this info is kept with the dealer as is law (not a federal database).

Now a private sale is different, but, if the firearm is ever found later (or used in a crime) and no one was attached to it physically, the police will do their old-fashioned investigating and eventually find out who the original buyer was (remember it was sold at one point from a dealer to a customer so a record is available.)

The original buyer (who sold it) better have a good answer when the police show up asking "Guess what, we found your gun. Explain."
    Remember, owners need to report lost or stolen guns exactly for the above reason. So yeah, it's definitely a good idea to know who you are selling a non-restricted to.

Not trying to be a dick, but a little surprised by the implied context of the original post. No dealer wanting to remain out of prison would be selling guns to customers without keeping a record of the transactions. Unfortunately
    Remember, in Canada owning a gun is a privilege, not a right.

Anyway, that's how it works. Hope that answers some question(s).

Cheers~

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1of38 View Post
    Serious question....when someone buys something like this, do you record their name for any reason?

Warranty
    proof of purchase
    etc...

I think you know where I'm going with this.

Lets say someone were to walk in, show pal, pay cash and leave....that possible? No names recordered, etc.
    Last edited by G37; 06-23-2013 at 01:39 AM.

CGN Regular
    Impressive rifle, but for that kind of dough as technology progresses, I'd rather buy a much more advanced rifle that fires smart bullets with accurate precision.

Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post

Buying a Non-Restricted *new* from a dealer has always had a name recorded, pal-info, etc. linked to that firearm and it's always been that way even before the now-dead-registry; however, this info is kept with the dealer as is law (not a federal database).

Now a private sale is different, but, if the firearm is ever found later (or used in a crime) and no one was attached to it physically, the police will do their old-fashioned investigating and eventually find out who the original buyer was (remember it was sold at one point from a dealer to a customer so a record is available.)

The original buyer (who sold it) better have a good answer when the police show up asking "Guess what, we found your gun. Explain."
    Remember, owners need to report lost or stolen guns exactly for the above reason. So yeah, it's definitely a good idea to know who you are selling a non-restricted to.

Not trying to be a dick, but a little surprised by the implied context of the original post. No dealer wanting to remain out of prison would be selling guns to customers without keeping a record of the transactions. Unfortunately

Cheers~

Implied context deals with the implications of future bans, prohibitions or gun grabs...

They'd know exactly who they're selling it too (read above, SHOW PAL).

Do you have your name recorded when you buy a cordless drill or any other tool?

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1of38 View Post
    Implied context deals with the implications of future bans, prohibitions or gun grabs...

They'd know exactly who they're selling it too (read above, SHOW PAL).

Do you have your name recorded when you buy a cordless drill or any other tool?
    We typicaly record the pertinent info required for the transaction, but it can be deleted upon customer request.

As for warranty, it wouldn't matter who owned the firearm in question since we're the exclusive importer and warranty is transferable.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post

Cheers~
    "Guess what, we found your gun...please Explain"

This wouldn't get the LEO's very far actually..."Not my gun, I sold it!"...{LEO} "Who did you sell it to!?"..."Don't remember, I haven't had that gun for years"...{LEO} "Where were you on such and such a night?"..."Nowhere near anywhere that would implicate me with whatever happened on that night with that gun, now I'd love to help you but I don't like where this conversation is leading, so for my part it is over. Have a nice day."

The LEO now has a choice to bring the individual in for questioning, or lay charges, either scenario has him coming out looking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We typicaly record the pertinent info required for the transaction, but it can be deleted upon customer request.

As for warranty, it wouldn't matter who owned the firearm in question since we're the exclusive importer and warranty is transferable.

Thank you. No ill intent, just cringe at the thought of a $20k gun and glass being "liberated" by some group of Nancies, if 50bmg ever were classed as far to dangerous for us normal folk

Yeah I would be worried about this gun being reclassified its just too cool. I wonder why i never see a gunnut winning the lotto. This would be the inteview, what will you buy? "a huge acreage and a lot of guns and ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    Id buy one but I would worry what would happen when the libs come into power. 20 k is a lot of money to loose.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast