Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: KCI Magazines Now In Stock!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    no offense to wolverine, but the KCI mags for the M14 and VZ58 are pure junk
    Last edited by P0WERWAGON; 11-11-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    These magazines are not complete garbage! There are advertised for the VZ58 and CZ 858 that are built on Mill Spec receivers. The CSA guns use newly manufactured receivers and it would appear that the magazine well is slimmer.

We stand behind what we sell, money back guarantee, if you are not happy with any product you can return it for a full refund, providing that the product is still in new condition and unused.

This is our forum that we pay several thousand dollars for. If you are unhappy about a product we sell or our service, feel free to post here BUT FIRST CONTACT US, please give us the opportunity to resolve matters to your satisfaction. Only if we fail to resolve any issues feel free to tell the world.
    I don't know about some special ones (who can apparently type in a forum instead just to reach out to the Wolverinesupplies and talk with John or Brent!) But i got nothing but good things to say about Wolverinesupplies I've changed, modified, upgraded many items and they have been nothing but very helpful to me. I can stand beside them & vouch for their professionalism & clientele. Thanks again Wolverinesupplies for your quality products & outsanding service.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    The only complaints I've had about the CZ858 magazines have come from a handful of VZ58 users whose rifles seem to have smaller magazine wells in them. I have not had one other person complain about the magazines and from the way they go out the door to repeat customers they can't be too bad.

The M14 mags work fine. If you have one that seems to have a sticky follower, just pop the bottom out and check if the spring is stuck on the dimpled section inside the mag, if it is, just use a screwdriver etc and flip it off the dimple. I've fixed a few mags that way and I know of customers who have as well. I've been using the KCI mags and they work as good as my old USGI mags and my Norc mags.

Thanks Obokash for the kind words. Everyone at the shops tries very hard to help our customers and provide the products AND service that they deserve.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    They are not working in my CZ858, one mag is almost impossible to put 5th round in, when you get it in and put the mag in the gun. Everything stops, gun can't strip rounds from mag as they are so tight. I am thinking that they should have made the mag to hold 5.5 cartridges. Will be contacting the elves at Wolverine at see what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    no offense t owolverine, but the KCI mags for the M14 and VZ58 are pure junk
    The Glock 22 mags weren't much better. I sold them right after buying them. Wouldn't feed hollows or flat nose bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by back40sniper View Post
    They are not working in my CZ858, one mag is almost impossible to put 5th round in, when you get it in and put the mag in the gun. Everything stops, gun can't strip rounds from mag as they are so tight. I am thinking that they should have made the mag to hold 5.5 cartridges. Will be contacting the elves at Wolverine at see what needs to be done.
    Shoot an email to sales@wolverinesupplies.com and we will get it all fixed up for you.

So I just received two of the cz858 mags and it fits perfectly fine on my mil-spec rifle, in fact, it fits more snug than some surplus mags I have (imo a good thing) chambers and feeds reliably.

Its not all good though, as some others have mentioned, the mags I received had the dimple so high up that the mags only held approx. 4.8 rounds. Eventually, after forcing the final round into the mag, it now accepts 5 rounds albeit with a little force. This led me to believe that due to me forcing the 5th round in, I probably stripped some of the plastic off of the magazine catch on the back of the mag since the follower assembly is made of a polymer.

With 5 rounds in the mag, it'll go into the rifle fine when the bolt is in the closed position, but don't try to pull the bolt back in order to chamber a round because it won't work at all. The rounds won't move lower in the mag at all in order to provide clearance for the bolt. Basically, you'd have to make sure the bolt is open before you try to reload < this isn't much of a problem since the cz858/vz58 has a last round bolt hold open, but its still a nuisance.

Is there any way to pin it lower so that its limited to 5.5ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstealth View Post
    So I just received two of the cz858 mags and it fits perfectly fine on my mil-spec rifle, in fact, it fits more snug than some surplus mags I have (imo a good thing) chambers and feeds reliably.

Its not all good though, as some others have mentioned, the mags I received had the dimple so high up that the mags only held approx. 4.8 rounds. Eventually, after forcing the final round into the mag, it now accepts 5 rounds albeit with a little force. This led me to believe that due to me forcing the 5th round in, I probably stripped some of the plastic off of the magazine catch on the back of the mag since the follower assembly is made of a polymer.

With 5 rounds in the mag, it'll go into the rifle fine when the bolt is in the closed position, but don't try to pull the bolt back in order to chamber a round because it won't work at all. The rounds won't move lower in the mag at all in order to provide clearance for the bolt. Basically, you'd have to make sure the bolt is open before you try to reload < this isn't much of a problem since the cz858/vz58 has a last round bolt hold open, but its still a nuisance.

Is there any way to pin it lower so that its limited to 5.5ish?
    Take the magazine apart and take the follower out. Take a flat file and remove a little, very little from the front and back "legs" on the follower, a little trial and error and you will be able to get a little over 5 rounds in the mag and it will insert with the bolt closed and still allow you to rack the bolt properly. remember that when doing something like this, less is more and check often because if you take off too much, well you know what the ramifications of that are.

I'm not sure how I'd be able to take the follower out of the magazine as it gets caught on the dimple. I removed the floor plate and the spring is sticking out but I don't know what to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Take the magazine apart and take the follower out. Take a flat file and remove a little, very little from the front and back "legs" on the follower, a little trial and error and you will be able to get a little over 5 rounds in the mag and it will insert with the bolt closed and still allow you to rack the bolt properly. remember that when doing something like this, less is more and check often because if you take off too much, well you know what the ramifications of that are.

I use a small long bladed flat screwdriver to help flip the spring over the dimples, I've also used a chopstick too LOL. It helps when you are putting it back together as you can flip the springs over the dimples and get them set up so you don't have a loop caught on a dimple. It really is pretty easy.