Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Now Available... FEG P9M's

Received mine today :-), so far it look very good! Can`t wait to go to the range tomorrow!

Received mine a couple days ago. I had the same problem with the takedown lever, but found that the cutout in the slide was not large enough to raise the lever into it. I opened it up a bit with a file, then applied cold blue. Now it works fine. I also found the trigger very gritty and heavy. I removed the mag safety and lightly stoned the sear and trigger. The trigger is now much better, smoother and seems lighter (I do not have a scale). Now I have to shoot it!
    Last edited by alec1157; 07-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Will a Browning HP slide complete one of those FEG parts guns questar has?
    Nobody knows?
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

The cutout on a Browning HP for the slide stop lever won't work with the FEG designed proprietary stop lever. As far as the rest of the parts fitting, I've heard it's been done but only in what I've read..

hsld.

Slide stop is the only part that will need minor fitting ,that if you are going to use a Browning slide stop .Keep in mind that FEG parts gun has one already.

I just made a little mistake on my last post .Slide notch is the only part needs minor fitting.

So if one were to acquire a browning slide and slide stop, then the FEG receivers should be compatible then?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
    Raising the release up towards the slide doesn't work. I had to lift the lever out towards me with a covered screwdriver blade to clear the burr. Once literally "over the hump", the lever was able to be easily removed as per the manual and your description. It's small, but tactile and just big enough to prevent the lever from clearing the frame.

How does your feed ramp look? Mine is uneven and also has a couple of burrs at the bottom where it meets the cartridge nose. I'll see how it shoots first before I worry about that. Otherwise, the fit and finish on the gun is excellent. I love the richness and darkness of the bluing. My trigger is also heavy, but I expected that.

I keep hearing about removing the mag disconnect. A couple of questions...how do you go about doing so? Will that improve trigger pull? And, will that allow mags to drop free?

See this link below to remove your magazine safety... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdApLdz8EGA

If you have a dremel tool, try using a plastic polishing bit, safest way to polish and improve feed ramps.

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    So if one were to acquire a browning slide and slide stop, then the FEG receivers should be compatible then?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by haim View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks!