Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Now Available... FEG P9M's

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    See this link below to remove your magazine safety... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdApLdz8EGA

If you have a dremel tool, try using a plastic polishing bit, safest way to polish and improve feed ramps.

Hope this helps...

Thanks, for the info. I will go ahead with removing the disconnect, but the jury's out on the feed ramp. I had it out today, and put 70 or 80 rounds through it without a bobble. I even chambered and then ejected a round to see if the feed ramp was doing any mashing or disfiguring of bullets...there wasn't a mark on the bullet. So, unless such a problem or stoppages occur, I'll take the attitude of not fixing it if it ain't broke.

As for shooting, despite the heavy trigger, the gun consistently put bullets high and right of point of aim. If I'm not mistaken, the rear sight can be drifted, so, I'll see if I can do so and get the windage corrected. And, I did experience some hammer bite. Not as bad as I thought it might be...Years ago I had a GI 1911 and that would smart when fired...anyway, the first couple rounds of a magazine there was no hammer to skin contact, but as gun and hand melded into each other as rounds fired increased, I got a few hammer kisses.

All in all, I'm quite impressed with what you get for the money with this gun...it's quite the bargain.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

So, BHP mags will work in these?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
    As for shooting, despite the heavy trigger, the gun consistently put bullets high and right of point of aim.

I just fired mine today and it is also shooting high and right of point of aim...

So I took my FEG to the range, shoots more accurate than me But the trigger failed to reset several times, had to push it forward first before firing. So, the mag disconnect went back in after some polishing. Now function is 100%, although the trigger is not as nice as without the mag safety. Guess I'll get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RCloud View Post
    So, BHP mags will work in these?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by haim View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks. Nice first post.

Just picked mine up tonight. Bluing is beautiful. Mag release is sticking open so reinserting a mag does not stay. Trigger is gritty. Once I've cleaned her up and shot her some, these things should work themselves out.

Glad I got in on this one.

Mark
    "Snow goons are bad news" Calvin to Hobbes.

For any one who is a bit shy about ditching the mag safety, if you polish the top front of the mag ,where the plunger rides, morror smooth it will improve trigger pull... I removed mine. Add a new set of VZ diamondbacks and she is a sweetheart. ready for lots of ammo now.

Removed the mag safety as per video above. Video shows wrong pin removal but got it done anyways. Trigger better but will need some playing with. I will shoot it a while first to see if that smooth's it out before trying to polish it.

Mark
    "Snow goons are bad news" Calvin to Hobbes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Damn, I missed this one. I think this would have been an excellent surplus pistol.