Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 223234353637383940414243444546474849505262 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** FAMAE SG 542 SEMI-AUTO .308 is NON-RESTRICTED **ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS**

Interesting to see how naive we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Critchie View Post
    I don't see how the rcmp could possible label the swiss arms variants as prohibited after the sg542 was deemed non-restricted, they are functionally identical.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Any updates available??

Late march isn't very far away...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Great pics!!! How would you say its stacks against its competition, the xcr-m and the rfb?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Well for the moment... let's not worry about legality on this particular thread... there are plenty of people involved in the legal battle, figure some nice pics may help get some spirits up for our fight... got some new pics for you fellas!

Got mine with the folding stock, which is pretty awesome, but did not come with a bolt to connect it to the reciever, and the one on the fixed stock, while it is the correct pitch and size, is almost 1" too long for use with the folding stock. Not a big issue, as it is a common bolt, but irritating as it will not work out of the box, I have to spend a bunch of time and gas to go out and grab one.

Bipod is pretty disappointing, through no fault of the retailer... the swiss arms I owned a while back was pretty wobbly, but this new one with a bit of forward pressure will also fold forwards, as well as backwards... not too great for precision shooting.

All in all though, pretty awesome firearm, I am impressed!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Dream gun wall. And thanks for posting hope.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Great pics!!! How would you say its stacks against its competition, the xcr-m and the rfb?
    Well, the XCR wins out for accuracy and speed of target reacquisition. It is very heavy though, and the muzzle brake is pretty barky.

The Famae wins out for best all around rifle, comparable accuracy with the XCR seemingly from this stage of testing, but much lighter to tote around, and way less front heavy, so offhand shooting is very easy in comparison.

The RFB is a bit of an oddball. Decent accuracy, never really any better than 3-4 MOA with mine, but then again I have not scoped it with anything more powerful than a 4x. Easiest to control for offhand, but not very good reacquisition of the sights after the shot, because the gun is so short.

These are all compared from 150 yards and up though... no CQB done yet with any of them.

Reliability is very good for all three as should be expected from $2,000 + guns.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

BANNED
    any update on the type 81 rifle i see in your forum TI?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DoubleA's Avatar
    Kevin, I'm assuming that's an ERE gun? Real beauty, is it bad if I've had dreams about my 540?

And ditto on the Type 81, that would be the next big thing on our market.

Is anyone home at T.I?? Update?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DoubleA's Avatar
    The anticipation is killing me. Are we still on schedule?