Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** FAMAE SG 542 SEMI-AUTO .308 is NON-RESTRICTED **ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS**

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ClickWronG View Post
    Rail include ???
    Rail is optional. There are more details on the TI website.

My concern is will the accessories be expensive. A rail for the SAF is $200! and $65 a mag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Very nice. Wonder how they shoot? I think I will wait to read some hands on before I drop the $$$$ but this is pretty tempting.

As an aside, why do there always need to be these people who thread crap on the cost of almost every new product announced? I get that this isn't cheap and may not be affordable for everyone but is it really necessary to whine about it? I can't think of any other hobby I'm involved in where people complain so much about what they can't afford. If this doesn't fit your budget buy an SKS and a case of ammo for $300 and go have some fun. Shooting has something for every budget. Or maybe get a better job and buy what you want. As for what it's "worth" or margins, get together your own capital, start your own company, import guns and sell them cheap so we can all benefit from your generosity.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    Rail is optional. There are more details on the TI website.

My concern is will the accessories be expensive. A rail for the SAF is $200! and $65 a mag.
    then buy norinco... complaining about price on the dealers site is pretty classless.

BANNED
    Hey I'm just Happy TI is committed to bringing in some fantastic firearms at better prices than there competition is...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Some pics of the SG 542 show an integral bipod, on others, I can't tell. Do these have the handguard mounted bipod legs? (not that it really matters).

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    then buy norinco... complaining about price on the dealers site is pretty classless.
    Good idea, china rail and mag

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Very nice. Wonder how they shoot? I think I will wait to read some hands on before I drop the $$$$ but this is pretty tempting.

As an aside, why do there always need to be these people who thread crap on the cost of almost every new product announced? I get that this isn't cheap and may not be affordable for everyone but is it really necessary to whine about it? I can't think of any other hobby I'm involved in where people complain so much about what they can't afford. If this doesn't fit your budget buy an SKS and a case of ammo for $300 and go have some fun. Shooting has something for every budget. Or maybe get a better job and buy what you want. As for what it's "worth" or margins, get together your own capital, start your own company, import guns and sell them cheap so we can all benefit from your generosity.
    ^^^well said. Doubt the Bentley or Ferrari dealer would give 2 ****s if someone posted the same type of complaining on their websites, don't understand why people feel it's appropriate to do it to a firearms dealer.
    Last edited by mr.fatstacks; 06-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    ?? Who crapped in your cornflakes?

Trolling is Classless and against CGN rules.

You have nothing to say on the 542 or TI except attack me .....= Troll.

A concern is not complaining.

I have every right to be concerned what accessories will cost if I pay $3000 for a rifle. Will I have to pay $200 for a rail and $65 for a mag? It all adds up. This is not a Swiss made Rifle.

I have no hesitation as to the value of the Rifle or the excellent work and Effort TI has put in the last couple years bringing these unique firearms.
    Last edited by rivetc78; 06-30-2013 at 11:10 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    Any ETA? Or did I miss it?
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    I have every right to be concerned what accessories will cost if I pay $3000 for a rifle. Will I have to pay $200 for a rail and $65 for a mag? It all adds up. This is not a Swiss made Rifle.

I have no hesitation as to the value of the Rifle or the excellent work and Effort TI has put in the last couple years bringing these unique firearms.
    I could easily be incorrect, but it seems to me that any decent quality accessories aren't cheap, if they've been made for an SKS or a Swiss Arms.
    I don't mean any personal attack on you. It just seems to be common on CGN to complain about high prices and gets a bit old.
    And +1 on "this isn't a swiss made rifle," I am curious to see the quality of these. Under license from Sig I'm hoping means that they're high end, but am a little hesitant to drop nearly $3gs sight unseen. But then again, been waiting for this so long...