Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Pickup

In before the lock!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gahris View Post
    I'm glad people felt the need to add nothing at all to the thread.

My comment was more directed at anyone maybe working at Marstar, who may ever attempt to rectify the situation or address it.

I've bought guns and accessories from them over the last few years, and local pickup wasn't a problem. The gentleman on the phone was even so gracious enough to tell me that if he sold me a rifle locally, that he would loose thousands of dollars ($4000) due to missed calls that the few minutes it would of taken to sell me a rifle.

I mentioned to him that we were originally interested in a few rifles and his story completely changed once the total was more then $1000.

Long story short, I just bought $1200 worth of "gear" at Lebaron's on Merivale in Ottawa.
    He made a buisness decision and so did you.. it does not always work out..

Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    I've actually decided to start my own website on this topic, and am frantically trying to schedule an investors meeting for late evening.
    And you must invite GAHRIS as a guest speaker, now that will be a show.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thehook92a1's Avatar
    Wow

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    How is that crappy service? Their policy is XYZ, just because you don't like it, does not mean it's crappy service. Have you ever considered that perhaps:

1) They don't have a store-front
    2) Online business
    3) Not staffed to have a show-room
    4) Security and liability reasons for having ppl in a warehouse

Entitlement much?
    Any business sense much? Clearly, you're the one that's entitled and clearly, you have 0 business sense. You should run a gun shop, you'd fit right in.

All your excuses don't mean crap. If someone's looking to buy something from you and your response is 'No', then that's crappy service and deserves it's own post. But folks like you seem to think being crapped on by businesses is what you're actually entitled to.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    How is that crappy service? Their policy is XYZ, just because you don't like it, does not mean it's crappy service. Have you ever considered that perhaps:

1) They don't have a store-front
    2) Online business
    3) Not staffed to have a show-room
    4) Security and liability reasons for having ppl in a warehouse

Entitlement much?
    And just so people like you can comprehend the difference, when I ran a 100% online business out of my house, when I had someone local that wanted to pick up, they got my home email address and a time to drop by. And I happily took their money. Rather than sending them down the road to my competitors.

Long story short, I just bought $1200 worth of "gear" at Lebaron's on Merivale in Ottawa.
    And that's about where I'm at these days. I'm headed right for the chains rather than the specialty shops. You'd think that the small shops would have better service, but the chains seem to be way better places to deal with generally speaking. I looked for a long time to find a local shop that I could deal with, and every single one I tried had service that was beyond absurd - except for one shop where I'd have probably done business with if we wasn't just to small to actually have stock.

Lot of internet business insurance don't cover drop in's, it is also a big security issue especially when firearm is involved.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    And just so people like you can comprehend the difference, when I ran a 100% online business out of my house, when I had someone local that wanted to pick up, they got my home email address and a time to drop by. And I happily took their money. Rather than sending them down the road to my competitors.
    Oh, I guess you were also selling FIREARMS and other highly regulated goods out of your house right? The kind of stuff that not-so-nice people love to get a hold of. The kind of stuff the govt tried to sue Marstar over, right? Do you not see a difference between your online business and a business that has thousands of highly regulated goods in storage at any given time? Talk about apples to oranges.

Please
    Last edited by stevelarry; 07-10-2013 at 10:50 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    Any business sense much? Clearly, you're the one that's entitled and clearly, you have 0 business sense. You should run a gun shop, you'd fit right in.

All your excuses don't mean crap. If someone's looking to buy something from you and your response is 'No', then that's crappy service and deserves it's own post. But folks like you seem to think being crapped on by businesses is what you're actually entitled to.
    They did not say no. , they said do it online and they will ship it to you. Please learn to read the facts and not create your own scenario that fits your terribly misguided viewpoint.

Yes, call all my legitimate reasons "excuses" and offer no counter arguments. Good one, I can tell you're a tycoon on industry.

Sometimes I wonder why i waste time reading these threads ...... then i laugh thinking responsible firearms owners will turn every 2 threads into drama while the initial topic was kind of relevant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast