Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Pickup

Local Pickup

I am visiting Ottawa this week, and I called you guys about local pickup. I was told unless I bought at least $1000 worth it wasn't worth the time. I know its not normal practice, but I've done local pickup a few times with you guys over the last few years.

It's unfortunate that my vacation to Ottawa doesn't include a rifle purchase

CGN Regular
    Cool story

Amazing story, totally worth starting another thread.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    Amazing story, totally worth starting another thread.
    I'm on the phone right now telling my friends this great tale. You should as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    I'm on the phone right now telling my friends this great tale. You should as well.
    I've actually decided to start my own website on this topic, and am frantically trying to schedule an investors meeting for late evening.

Guysssssssssss comeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Stahppppppppppppp ittttt

Anyway a vacation is not a vacation without a rifle purchase so I think you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life my friend :/

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    Cool story
    It's yet another story of a gun shop with crappy service. What's bizarre isn't that they started a thread, it's that it's so commonplace that nobody seems to even care anymore, that people feel the correct response is to belittle the OP. When did crappy service not become an issue to other gun purchasers?

Personally, I'm more than happy to hear stories of crappy service. Goodness knows I've seen enough myself at the gun room in waterloo or lovetts in kitchener. Won't deal with them either.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    It's yet another story of a gun shop with crappy service. What's bizarre isn't that they started a thread, it's that it's so commonplace that nobody seems to even care anymore, that people feel the correct response is to belittle the OP. When did crappy service not become an issue to other gun purchasers?

Personally, I'm more than happy to hear stories of crappy service. Goodness knows I've seen enough myself at the gun room in waterloo or lovetts in kitchener. Won't deal with them either.
    How is that crappy service? Their policy is XYZ, just because you don't like it, does not mean it's crappy service. Have you ever considered that perhaps:

1) They don't have a store-front
    2) Online business
    3) Not staffed to have a show-room
    4) Security and liability reasons for having ppl in a warehouse

Entitlement much?

I'm glad people felt the need to add nothing at all to the thread.

My comment was more directed at anyone maybe working at Marstar, who may ever attempt to rectify the situation or address it.

I've bought guns and accessories from them over the last few years, and local pickup wasn't a problem. The gentleman on the phone was even so gracious enough to tell me that if he sold me a rifle locally, that he would loose thousands of dollars ($4000) due to missed calls that the few minutes it would of taken to sell me a rifle.

I mentioned to him that we were originally interested in a few rifles and his story completely changed once the total was more then $1000.

Long story short, I just bought $1200 worth of "gear" at Lebaron's on Merivale in Ottawa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast