Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Beauties.... Spasiba Westrifle!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar

Red face Two Beauties.... Spasiba Westrifle!!!!

So I've heard the stories from my Dad and Father-in-Law... "Remember when..."

Apparently when I was a kid stores bought 'em cheap and stacked 'em deep... You could get $80 Garands, $75 M1 Carbines, $50 Lee-Enfields, $60 K98s, etc, etc. Good luck finding any of them now...

Now I have two little boys of my own, and I figure the ComBloc rifles are our generations equivalent. As such, I took the plunge and picked up YET ANOTHER pair of Russian SKS; these ones specifically for my boys when they are old enough to have their own.

I ordered on Tuesday night, and they were in my hall by noon Thursday (granted Canada Post only had to get it 100km, but STILL...)!!!

Upon opening I found two gorgeous Russian reds: one hardly refurbished 1953 Tula and a virtually untouched 55/56 Tula. The wood is lovely, and of course all numbers match. The bores shine like the sun!!!
    Not sure how they shoot, and I won't know until I take my boys out in a decade or so!!! I'm sure they are like all the Russian SKS I have and shoot as well as I can!

Big thanks to Al and Westrifle. He consistently has the most beautiful SKS you can find, and offers them for a fair price with FREE SHIPPING!

Not too many pix as I'm busy, but I know such a thread is worthless without, so here we go:

(no, the top cover of the 53 is NOT rusted... It's just the two tone steel you see on many of the SKS, especially ones that weren't overly refurbished. The lighting and my camera accentuate the colour difference.)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    Nice

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

BANNED
    Very.. congrats

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Very nice! enjoy!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Thanks guys... Not that I want one to pass, but I look forward to shooting them with my sons!

I think your on the right track, I remember when the Mosin 1891/30's were $20 unissued and I passed them up. What a dumbass!!!

BANNED
    $20 bucks really ? OMG

Yes way back before S.I.R. was bought out by Cabela's.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post

(no, the top cover of the 53 is NOT rusted... It's just the two tone steel you see on many of the SKS, especially ones that weren't overly refurbished. The lighting and my camera accentuate the colour difference.)
    I think it's not a two tone steel, it's just SKS spend too much time in crate covered by cosmoline. I have reduced yellowish color a lot by leaving receiver cover on hot sun for about an hour and clean it with paper towel.

Discoloration on top cover is because the way those were stored + cosmo. We for sure have been over how much it cost before and how much it cost now to buy rifle. I do not want to argue but the trend that everyone sees that it will only go up.

Sergey
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast