Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Why not just call the CFO and ask them what to do if you sell something to someone in Quebec.... They will tell you this.

It's the persons responabilty when they get the rifle to register it. There are no fines or criminal punishment for not doing it so.... Also no time line figure that one out...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    If that is the case, not cool at all. Interested in hearing the official policy.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

When I lived back in Qc all my Nr rifles where registered even though it wasn't necessary anymore I just found it somewhat convenient for insurance purposes to have both the certificate plus the invoice from where ever i bought it but that was just my personal preference... but as far as do dealers doing it for me it never happened but I only purchased from Epps

As far a you being called a liar there is no reason what so ever why your statement is not credible If I worked for a dealer and shipped a rifle even though it NR I'd make sure its registered to the new owner just in case it gets stolen in the mail or what ever but thats just me

Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    As you mention, my goal is to have an official statement from Marstar on their policy wrt. the LGR and Quebec's customer. To some extend, I am also currently delaying a purchase that would involve a firearm.
    I would simply rule out any future business, but that's just me. We have enough Lieberal brown-nosing bureaucrats kicking us in the nutsack at every corner to take extra kicks from the dealers/sponsors we buy from.

As stated, the decision to register (onus) is/was on the buyer... or at least SHOULD'VE been in your case. Seems like someone decided to go "above and beyond" the law without keeping you in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by --PA-- View Post
    As far a you being called a liar there is no reason what so ever why your statement is not credible If I worked for a dealer and shipped a rifle even though it NR I'd make sure its registered to the new owner just in case it gets stolen in the mail or what ever but thats just me
    ...or in case a UFO abducts the package. After all, "we register our dogs, out cars and our ATVs, so registering our guns should not be an issue", right? A true & blue Fudd statement right out of the Lieberal textbook!

You most likely own guns like I own an F-22 Raptor.

Last edited by 762mm; 07-15-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    I would simply rule out any future business, but that's just me. We have enough Lieberal brown-nosing bureaucrats kicking us in the nutsack at every corner to take extra kicks from the dealers/sponsors we buy from.
    In a truly concurential market, this is what I would do, but I already have 3 major resellers on my grey-list (ie. deal with on a need-to, have no choice basis). Given the state of the Canadian firearm market (ie. not many major players), I may not have the choice to deal with Marstar.

Though, it was not the purpose of this thread, which is to get Marstar official policy on the subject.

+1 on getting an actual statement from marstar. Curious as to why they would do something against the customer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    In a truly concurential market, this is what I would do, but I already have 3 major resellers on my grey-list (ie. deal with on a need-to, have no choice basis). Given the state of the Canadian firearm market (ie. not many major players), I may not have the choice to deal with Marstar.

Though, it was not the purpose of this thread, which is to get Marstar official policy on the subject.
    Just find someone in another area that has no rules who is willing to say get them mailed to them and then just send them along. It's not illegal to do... It's the person in Quebec's responsabilty to register the firearm no one else. There is no punishment for not doing so as they have no punishment set in the law.

I've seen 2 guys who own 12.2 throw a rifle over the road because they didn't have an ATT and the CFO was coming the next day to do an inspection and they were laughing at them when they found nothing they even threatened to destroy their home to find it. I don't have to tell you were I store it I just have to let you look that's what the lawyer told them. Mean while it's sitting in the guy next door safe and he is laughing because his inspection is 1 day after so they have to come back because he was busy that same day they wanted to get 2 birds with 1 stone. So after they leave they throw them across the road back and laugh again when they show up. Now they got caught doing this and the judge ruled that no one transported it because they threw it from there own property the cfo argued what if it landed in the road they replied I would get my fishing rod. Was an interesting court battle that they won.

They just went around picking on old war vets with prohib firearms and when they said screw you back to them and played games they got very angry. They won in the end but they spent money fighting it and to them it was worth the money for the entertainment.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    I doubt it. He got into somewhat of an argument in the french section, because he claimed that Marstar registered his NR purchase with the Quebec part of the NR registry and he now wants Marstar to tell their official business policy on playing Quebec's registry game. In essence, he was shipped a registration certificate from the CFC after purchasing a NR from Marstar (the reggie supposedly came in the mail a few days after the NR firearm).

Before anyone steps up with claims that the 'injunction' is still in effect, it is NOT. Since Court of Appeal ruled and overturned the Superior Court's initial ruling, there's no more injunction. Nowadays, the Federal Government "agrees" to register any NR transfers that are submitted to the CFC, without any obligation to do so on the end users. In essence, the federal NR registry in Quebec is now officially optional.

(...and we're still waiting for the RCMP/CFC to update their website with this new info, btw)
    Hypothetical question: Can Canadians from provinces other than Quebec volunteer to register NR firearms?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    Hypothetical question: Can Canadians from provinces other than Quebec volunteer to register NR firearms?
    If you remember the whole Wyatt/Ontario backdoor registry situation, Vic Toews made it ILLEGAL to register/record any information pertaining to all transactions of non-restricted firearms. This is precisely why Wyatt had no choice but to back down.

The Quebec injunction tried to still make it legal/require for Quebecers to register their long guns, however even if that had been successful, in no way was it binding for dealers in other provinces.

So in essence, if Marstar did in fact record information of a NR transaction and called it in to the CFC like the OP is claiming, and I can't see why he would be inventing this, they were straight up breaking the law. I'd certainly like to hear their official answer as well, but with the amount of info on CGN about C-19 and the official letters that went out to dealers from the Public Safety Minister after Wyatt's powertrip, it would be very hard to make the case that they didn't know anything about it.
    Last edited by sewktbk; 07-15-2013 at 03:32 AM.

If Marstar make a public statement for registering non-restricted, I will boycott them. Anyway, I think with two statements from Québec customers I will boycott them.

sewktbk: this is exactly why I am not able to believe they are doing it...
    This situation is unbelievable, with 2 persons with the same problem.