Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    If you remember the whole Wyatt/Ontario backdoor registry situation, Vic Toews made it ILLEGAL to register/record any information pertaining to all transactions of non-restricted firearms. This is precisely why Wyatt had no choice but to back down.

The Quebec injunction tried to still make it legal/require for Quebecers to register their long guns, however even if that had been successful, in no way was it binding for dealers in other provinces.

So in essence, if Marstar did in fact record information of a NR transaction and called it in to the CFC like the OP is claiming, and I can't see why he would be inventing this, they were straight up breaking the law. I'd certainly like to hear their official answer as well, but with the amount of info on CGN about C-19 and the official letters that went out to dealers from the Public Safety Minister after Wyatt's powertrip, it would be very hard to make the case that they didn't know anything about it.
    Also, the puppet strings from the McGuintys office were being jerked so often that they were cutting into Wyatts wrists and ankles.

Again a big story for nothing. Just call the RCMP Canadian Firearms Center and ask. If you still doupt, call the Sûreté du Québec.
    You can even reach them by email: permis@surete.qc.ca
    Some dealer let you register the gun.
    Other do it for you. Just ask when you buy- so it is clear.

BANNED
    tagged

BANNED
    Why single Marstar out just because they might have been caught under the covers on this one occasion with THE MAN?
    Throughout the 40 year fight starting from PETs bill c-51 to c-19 to today most of the dealers experienced all of the gain and very little of the pain.
    If Marstar is being bashed for being overly eager to collaborate with Big Brother there are many others who did the very same.
    There are no heroes in this story.

Expired Business
    GUNOHOLIC;
    "If Marstar is being bashed for being overly eager to collaborate with Big Brother there are many others who did the very same."

I just wish that people would learn ALL the facts before jumping in with their expert opinions....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I agree.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    GUNOHOLIC;
    "If Marstar is being bashed for being overly eager to collaborate with Big Brother there are many others who did the very same."

I just wish that people would learn ALL the facts before jumping in with their expert opinions....
    John
    Could you please answer my original question ?

Thanks.

edit: if you think we don't know all the fact, please don't brag about you being more knowledgeable than us, but EDUCATE us. We'll all be grateful.
    Last edited by x0ra; 07-15-2013 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    GUNOHOLIC;

John
    Hi John,

lets go with the facts we know.

The OP stated that the NR gun registration took place at your store after december 2012.

At that time, we (iinculding dealers) knew the following :

- it was illegal in Canada to keep record of any NR firearm transaction. We know this in part because of the whole Wyatt fiasco, and all dealers also knew this because they were sent letters specifying that.

- A provincial injunction in Quebec was in effect to try to force Quebecers to still register their long guns and circumvent that law.

- Following that injunction and since record keeping of these transactions were illegal in all other provinces, the RCMP released a letter stating that the onus was on Qc residents to register their guns. The injunction, being provincial, had no effect on other provinces.

These are facts we know.
    If other facts are unknown to the gun community that either refute the OPs claim or justify your actions, it would be in everyone's interest to be made aware of them.

No one is trying to bash you, we just want to understand whats going on.

CGN Regular
    As someone new to dealing with the various players in the Canadian marketplace (and therefore forming my initial opinions of those dealers) I am very interested in this discussion.

I would also like to see the official policy regarding this and a comment if these allegations are legitimate. Furthermore, if there are other policies regarding record keeping for other provinces, I'd like a comment on those as well.

CGN Regular
    Okay....hope you don't mind if I take this down another road.
    If it is illegal for a gun seller to keep a transaction record of a NR gun sale...how is one to deal with a warranty issue.
    Most warranties require proof of purchase to obtain the warranty.
    If one is given a computer generated 'sales receipt', it's a given that info is then in that dealers computer.
    Something I've always wondered about.