Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    Going out on a limb here for John; but I take it he's still completing his legal task to contact CFC when he's selling firearms over the internet to verify validity of said card holders license. Just a shot in the dark here; but did none of you take into account that the CFC would use that information to REGISTER the gun?
    (snip)
    The document John posted says that he has to verify the purchaser's license, D.O.B., and address. It doesn't say anything about telling the CFC anything about a non-restricted firearm, just checking that the license is valid. If the buyer then decides to buy (or not to buy) a NR firearm, John is not required to tell anyone except his inventory clerk (if such a beast exists) WHAT firearm was purchased. Restricted firearms are different.

It may have been mentioned before, but..WTF ever happened to picking up a phone? woulda cleared up the question in 5mins.

AND that was my 2 cents.
    I CAN'T HELP BUT SHAKE MY HEAD AT SOME FOLK...SO I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by East View Post
    It may have been mentioned before, but..WTF ever happened to picking up a phone? woulda cleared up the question in 5mins.

AND that was my 2 cents.
    I'm now fed up to repeat myself... Please read:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?943742-Non-restricted-firearms-registration-for-Quebec-customer&p=8916336&viewfull=1#post8916336

CGN Regular
    Time to close this thread.
    Wired leader and xOra just like to hear themselves whine and in truth it is becoming tiring.
    As well it make our gun community look like a bunch of knobs who, if they get so worked up about this that they are willing to beat it to death for days on end...probably should take up another hobby...knitting perhaps.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    He replied to your initial questions on page 5; and that's what the thread started over. His responses there were the day after you posted the thread. I suspect that when at work, Johnone is expected to be processing orders, boxing said items, and then shipping them ((you know all that background #### we expect done FAST from online retailers)) rather than spending his work time fighting on the internet.

I'd also EXPECT official response from a retailer to be cool collected and with the correct information. Meaning he would have to take the time to look up your individual order ((which he did, and pointed out that this order occurred during the time at which they were still requiring reg of NR in QC.

The problem is, that this thread spiraled and Johnone didn't play the game; which I prefer as I'd rather him doing his job and filling my orders.
    It took 133 post, and comprising nearly 15 intervention from johnone, and a lot of corner pushing to get a clear answer (ie. YES or NO, not any other bs). It has been made pretty clear now that Marstar did this on a voluntary basis given that none of the proof John gave are satisfactory to prove his point. Now, if John is "processing order" and has "no time" to answer, then why did he escalate the situation and kept provoking people (if not bullying them) before answering.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
    Wired leader and xOra just like to hear themselves whine and in truth it is becoming tiring.
    Maybe you should start by not provoking us ?

I would not have been that far if John did not escalation, versus diffusion of the whole situation, and kept to be preached to do this "over the phone". Any such remark is done by folks who clearly have not understood the whole point of this exercise.

yes, i understand you want to make it public(high five you did it!). but if you waited and waited and waited for an answer...and it was such a big deal, a call woulda took a few mins then you coulda relaid the message.

BUT you didn't and we(people who dont/havent dealt with Marstar) got some chuckles, got some laughs...and S**T i just burnt up a hour of my workday just reading the thread.

So, Thanks! <----not sarcasm
    I CAN'T HELP BUT SHAKE MY HEAD AT SOME FOLK...SO I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE

As well it make our gun community look like a bunch of knobs who, if they get so worked up about this that they are willing to beat it to death for days on end...probably should take up another hobby...knitting perhaps.
    ^^^This
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

CGN frequent flyer Wired leader's Avatar
    If this thread bothers you so much, why don't you find another thread to participate in? Same goes for you Anyad
    x0ra asked a question and I only asked for clarification since the answers given were less than straight forward.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by East View Post
    yes, i understand you want to make it public(high five you did it!). but if you waited and waited and waited for an answer...and it was such a big deal, a call woulda took a few mins then you coulda relaid the message.

BUT you didn't and we(people who dont/havent dealt with Marstar) got some chuckles, got some laughs...and S**T i just burnt up a hour of my workday just reading the thread.

So, Thanks! <----not sarcasm

Glad I'm not the one signing your paycheck