Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

If this was done during the time of the injuction would this not be the correct thing to do? Marstar is required to comply with the law and Quebec did have the court challenge. Marstar can hardly go back in time to fix what it did not know, none of us knew the outcome of Quebecs court case. What happens if they didn't register the firearms and Quebec won then Marstar would have been in breach of the law. That being said as Johnone stated we are not in the possesion of ALL the facts there is more to this story. I live in Alberta so it does not effect me at all. I feel for you gun owners in Quebec as there is no more hostile region for gun owners in this country then Quebec. It makes the gun pandamonium in Ontario seem almost reasonable in comparison. ;-)
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\
    NCR 1st Recon motto "The Last thing You Never See"

five star thread.
    Help stop the Trudeau Dictatorship. www.Pierre4PM.ca

Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    All this fuss could be avoided if John either finally decide to answer the question, or if he locks this thread, or if he censors it.
    Fairly sure there will be a crap load of 'fuss' if it gets locked or censored

CGN Regular
    If there are more facts that we do not know, then I also believe they should be shared...Or could we not handle the truth?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    If it was their normal business activity to register the firearm before shipping then that is what they should have done. Just because a pen stroke one day by a "body" somewhere which does not do any real work now says something different doesn't mean the whole world changes. If people are concerned about non restricted registration certificates, just rip them up and throw them away like the rest of us did. People are always willing to "stand up" to the powers that be when someone else is standing in front shielding them. We will all be standing on our own, when Pierre's son is our next PM. Let's see how many have the backbone then. I see a mass firearms handing over party in most of the CGNer's future.
    The braggarts that strutted and crowed and talked the loudest and boasted they'd never register after c-68 was passed were the very first to register their NR guns in the town I lived in back then.
    But there is good news in all this.
    When the Son of Pierre, the New Mass Media Created Canadian Messiah brings the LGR back we will all have a chance to revisit the decisions we made in the few years after the passing of c-68 in 1995.
    And JT and the LPC WILL bring back the LGR because disarming the citizenry is hard coded LPC dogma. Their GOD PET said make it so back in '68 and they will come hell or high water. For that reason and to punish us for c-19 they will do it if they have to bankrupt health care, the CPP and education funding in the process.
    The loud and vociferous ones with the big brass balls will have plenty of opportunity to prove their mettle in the next 5 years.
    Don't bash Marstar or the other gun dealers too hard. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. In 2019 it will be very apparent who the real heroes are.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyEx View Post
    If this was done during the time of the injuction would this not be the correct thing to do? Marstar is required to comply with the law and Quebec did have the court challenge. Marstar can hardly go back in time to fix what it did not know, none of us knew the outcome of Quebecs court case. What happens if they didn't register the firearms and Quebec won then Marstar would have been in breach of the law. That being said as Johnone stated we are not in the possesion of ALL the facts there is more to this story. I live in Alberta so it does not effect me at all. I feel for you gun owners in Quebec as there is no more hostile region for gun owners in this country then Quebec. It makes the gun pandamonium in Ontario seem almost reasonable in comparison. ;-)
    THANK YOU I could not have said it better, I am off to our time machine and will travel back a few months and erase all files....
    Regards
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar180shooter View Post
    Incorrect. The CFO could not make the keeping of such records a condition of the Business firearms license. The business may keep whatever records it wants. Although the onus was on QC residents to register the firearms, there was nothing in law forbidding a business from doing it for them.

I'm not defending any actions Marstar may or may not have undertaken, but merely correcting your "facts".
    I would respectfully suggest you read a typical license issued in this province, simply put, you are wrong
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
    Since the rest of Canada stopped their registry it has been the responsibility of the purchaser in Quebec to register a NR firearm not the seller. Nothing is different now
    Once again we are dealing with incomplete information....There have been several changes in regulations, policies , etc, etc since the LGR went down.... so please do not generalize in your statements
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by pomelum View Post
    Marstar registered one of my relative SKS buy this winter.
    i can confirm this.

note; the customer didn't ask for this neither, when the person called to get the rifle registered
    the RCMP or whatever told him it was already done.
    That was last winter, the rules changed several times since then, inform yourself before making statements, PLEASE
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    Then that's a second case of the same. If that's still current practice, someone at Marstar seriously needs to pull their head out of their behind.

No offense intended...
    NOT WORTHY OF A REPLY
    John