Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

Yes, Québec is a mess, but everyone with an attitude like you, ''I don't care about Québec because I am not there'' has his head in the sand. What happens in Québec can happens anywhere in Canada, and it happened. So, during the lgr, you would have say: Canada is a mess, deal with it...

xOra, I am 100% behind you.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by patric25 View Post
    Yes, Québec is a mess, but everyone with an attitude like you, ''I don't care about Québec because I am not there'' has his head in the sand. What happens in Québec can happens anywhere in Canada, and it happened. So, during the lgr, you would have say: Canada is a mess, deal with it...

Here's a guy who is willing to stop tar and feathering one dealer who is no guiltier than the majority of us and see the big picture.
    To quote a rather trite and worn out truism: "We either hang together or we'll hang separately"
    Together means dealers, individual gun owners, one gun hunters (unfortunately often called fudds), target shooters, MILSURP and black gun owners, collectors, all of us.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post

Here's a guy who is willing to stop tar and feathering one dealer who is no guiltier than the majority of us and see the big picture.
    To quote a rather trite and worn out truism: "We either hang together or we'll hang separately"
    Together means dealers, individual gun owners, one gun hunters (unfortunately often called fudds), target shooters, MILSURP and black gun owners, collectors, all of us.
    as well!!!!

Just saying that we should not be afraid to talk to each other. Information is key! If someone has some he or she should share.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyEx View Post
    If this was done during the time of the injuction would this not be the correct thing to do? Marstar is required to comply with the law and Quebec did have the court challenge. Marstar can hardly go back in time to fix what it did not know, none of us knew the outcome of Quebecs court case. What happens if they didn't register the firearms and Quebec won then Marstar would have been in breach of the law. That being said as Johnone stated we are not in the possesion of ALL the facts there is more to this story. I live in Alberta so it does not effect me at all. I feel for you gun owners in Quebec as there is no more hostile region for gun owners in this country then Quebec. It makes the gun pandamonium in Ontario seem almost reasonable in comparison. ;-)
    hi ,

If this was done during the time of the injuction would this not be the correct thing to do?

The answer is NO
    Sorry you might not like it put the answer is NO.
    The following is from RCMP website:

Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 79
    May 25, 2012
    Snapshot
    Implementation of Bill C-19, the Ending the Long-Gun Registry Act.
    Implications
    The federal government amended the Criminal Code and the Firearms Act to eliminate the requirement to register non-restricted firearms as of April 5, 2012.
    However, until further notice, due to a Quebec Superior Court order, Quebec residents are still required to register non-restricted firearms with the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program (CFP). Quebec businesses must also continue to register non-restricted firearms and record transfers of these firearms.

so its very clear: ONLY Quebec residents AND Quebec businesses but its not for businesses outside Quebec.
    You can follow the link
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...405-79-eng.htm

thanks

AJ

BANNED
    By the way - where are we with the Appeal Court ruling? Has the two weeks run out to appeal to the Supreme Court? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by patric25 View Post
    No, what happened in Quebec cannot happen somewhere else in Canada since the feds destroyed already all the data they had except Quebec, the injunction prevented them from doing so in Quebec. So another province would have to start form nothing if they wanted to, which would cost millions, if not the 2 billions the stupid registry cost in the first place. Anyway, exact or not, i don't want to risk problems for not having my NR registered and having to pay thousand of dollars in lawyers to prove my point and regain my seized guns after months.

Also, I am a proud Quebec Gun owner, and hate the registry for NR. But until the supreme court decides if it takes or not the court of appeal decision to debate it, it seems from the the decision both the feds and Quebec agreed to keep the data and keep NR guns to be registered meanwhile.

Also, I bought two NR in the last 8 weeks form sellers outside Quebec, one from Cabela's, one from Marstar.

First, the one from Cabela's was not registered and i had to have it verified myself, make calls during worktime and go through #### to have my papers so I can go to my range as per their rules and Quebec' gun range provincial law, it took 2-3 weeks from receiving my riffle before I could try it without getting in potential trouble, it sucked.
    The one from Marstar was already registered, no phone calls to make, no forms to fill out, no delay. I tried it just after cleaning it. Thanks Marstar, that was much more convenient and consumer friendly .

Are they any complainer on this thread that are actually from Quebec and having a problem with Marstar doing this paperwork for them? or are they people from outside Quebec that want Marstar to go into gun politics instead of being consumer friendly?

If Quebec looses in supreme court, all the data will be destroyed anyway and everybody will win and I will remember Marstar care about their clients and try to do as much as they can for them to buy and use guns as easily as possible.

BANNED
    Thanks x0ra, interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorcrh View Post

If Quebec looses in supreme court, all the data will be destroyed anyway and everybody will win
    YO MAN , Are you serious ?????? all the data will be destroyed ??? come on ... you're a dreamer. "Nothing is lost,nothing is created, everything is transformed"

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NOT WORTHY OF A REPLY
    John
    Hmm... well, what's worthy of a reply is that I have personally dealt with OTHER dealers (some also in Ontario) around the same time and this has NEVER been an issue. Yes, in the very beginning of the NR registry's demise there was a gray zone for Quebec sales, but it was cleared up pretty damn fast (in the first two weeks or so) and the CFC officially placed the onus on Quebec residents to get their NR purchases registered.

Another issue is that the famous Superior Court injunction created an obligation on the Federal Government to keep the registry running, not on individuals or businesses (since the latter were not expressly named in the injunction). It was a Court ordnance between the Quebec and Federal governments exclusively, not the gun owning public.

Not worthy of a reply, huh? Holy way not to answer the question straight up, Batman!

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Predatorcrh View Post
    Are they any complainer on this thread that are actually from Quebec and having a problem with Marstar doing this paperwork for them?
    I do, and yes, I do have problem with Marstar deciding for me. I am grown up enough to assume my decision to register or not.