Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

CGN Regular
    this is hilarous.....in a couple days marstar can throw a sale and all will be forgiven......reminds me of tse/swissarms and their latest sale

Quote Originally Posted by riderrick View Post
    this is hilarous.....in a couple days marstar can throw a sale and all will be forgiven......reminds me of tse/swissarms and their latest sale
    I will never forgive TSE and will never spend another cent there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riderrick View Post
    I think I'm missing something....?????? what sale??

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    In a truly concurential market, this is what I would do, but I already have 3 major resellers on my grey-list (ie. deal with on a need-to, have no choice basis). Given the state of the Canadian firearm market (ie. not many major players), I may not have the choice to deal with Marstar.

Though, it was not the purpose of this thread, which is to get Marstar official policy on the subject.
    Marstar's policy is VERY simple to understand, we follow the law../..Whatever that may be at any given time
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrow397 View Post
    People come to a forum to become informed John. Rather than piggie back off other statements, take 15 minutes to type out the company policy and why it is in place (I.E. to follow regulation x, y and z)

It seems strange to many people that it could be law to register a firearm in Quebec while the court proceedings took place. As firearms are federally regulated, it seems strange that a dealer MUST register a buyers product with a province, going against C 19 until Quebec had won the case. THEN they (quebec) can demand whatever they want. It's a slippery slope having provinces contradict federal law but I think as most people see it, when push comes to shove, federal firearms law trumps provincial law if contradictory.

Like others have said. Spell it out if you have all the info. Vague answers and cheap shots are not going to satisfy the concerned parties in this thread.

Jason
    OK PLEASE read this, I am typing it s l o w l y I am certain that some people out there will understand, MASTAR's policy is to obey the law at any given time, no more, no loess, how can I make any easier to understand ??
    We do NOT make the laws,
    we do NOT make the policies,
    We do NOT write up the directives
    In an efort to stay in business we have NO choice
    John
    Last edited by johnone; 07-16-2013 at 08:33 AM.

i'am Amos, in Québec and i just bought a rifle in Ontario, i'am ALSO a verifier so i have access to the TRAF number for that rifle, the rifle came in the mail, with NO papers, i called the CFO to know if i have to register the gun, here is the answer : When QUEBEC win to keep the register valid, YES, i had to register the rifle, I MUST do it myself, not the buisness in Ontario, now, the decision is not valid ANYMORE or until they win in supreme court, the registry is on a VOULONTARY bases, i can register it but, i'am NOT obliged to, if QUEBEC win agains CANADA, THEN i will have the obligation to register.... Here is what i got from the Quebec CFO

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Predatorcrh View Post
    No, what happened in Quebec cannot happen somewhere else in Canada since the feds destroyed already all the data they had except Quebec, the injunction prevented them from doing so in Quebec. So another province would have to start form nothing if they wanted to, which would cost millions, if not the 2 billions the stupid registry cost in the first place. Anyway, exact or not, i don't want to risk problems for not having my NR registered and having to pay thousand of dollars in lawyers to prove my point and regain my seized guns after months.

Also, I am a proud Quebec Gun owner, and hate the registry for NR. But until the supreme court decides if it takes or not the court of appeal decision to debate it, it seems from the the decision both the feds and Quebec agreed to keep the data and keep NR guns to be registered meanwhile.

Also, I bought two NR in the last 8 weeks form sellers outside Quebec, one from Cabela's, one from Marstar.

First, the one from Cabela's was not registered and i had to have it verified myself, make calls during worktime and go through #### to have my papers so I can go to my range as per their rules and Quebec' gun range provincial law, it took 2-3 weeks from receiving my riffle before I could try it without getting in potential trouble, it sucked.
    The one from Marstar was already registered, no phone calls to make, no forms to fill out, no delay. I tried it just after cleaning it. Thanks Marstar, that was much more convenient and consumer friendly .

Are they any complainer on this thread that are actually from Quebec and having a problem with Marstar doing this paperwork for them? or are they people from outside Quebec that want Marstar to go into gun politics instead of being consumer friendly?

If Quebec looses in supreme court, all the data will be destroyed anyway and everybody will win and I will remember Marstar care about their clients and try to do as much as they can for them to buy and use guns as easily as possible.
    Unbelievable !
    Small wonder why the antis consistently won from 1976 til C-19 passed a couple of years ago.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Predatorcrh View Post
    No, what happened in Quebec cannot happen somewhere else in Canada since the feds destroyed already all the data they had except Quebec, the injunction prevented them from doing so in Quebec. So another province would have to start form nothing if they wanted to, which would cost millions, if not the 2 billions the stupid registry cost in the first place. Anyway, exact or not, i don't want to risk problems for not having my NR registered and having to pay thousand of dollars in lawyers to prove my point and regain my seized guns after months.

Also, I am a proud Quebec Gun owner, and hate the registry for NR. But until the supreme court decides if it takes or not the court of appeal decision to debate it, it seems from the the decision both the feds and Quebec agreed to keep the data and keep NR guns to be registered meanwhile.

Also, I bought two NR in the last 8 weeks form sellers outside Quebec, one from Cabela's, one from Marstar.

First, the one from Cabela's was not registered and i had to have it verified myself, make calls during worktime and go through #### to have my papers so I can go to my range as per their rules and Quebec' gun range provincial law, it took 2-3 weeks from receiving my riffle before I could try it without getting in potential trouble, it sucked.
    The one from Marstar was already registered, no phone calls to make, no forms to fill out, no delay. I tried it just after cleaning it. Thanks Marstar, that was much more convenient and consumer friendly .

Are they any complainer on this thread that are actually from Quebec and having a problem with Marstar doing this paperwork for them? or are they people from outside Quebec that want Marstar to go into gun politics instead of being consumer friendly?

If Quebec looses in supreme court, all the data will be destroyed anyway and everybody will win and I will remember Marstar care about their clients and try to do as much as they can for them to buy and use guns as easily as possible.
    Does the word ''Gouvernemaman'' mean anything to you????

I'm from Qc and there is NO way in H**L that I will make blood sucking parasites' lives easier. If you're a sheep move to Australia

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    After reading this thread and doing some research I can say Marstar will not be getting anymore of my business. No need for an Ontario retailer to register firearms it is selling to QC. Not at anytime. The law never said at any time since the LGR went away that anyone besides QC residents and businesess had to register NR firearms.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Marstar's policy is VERY simple to understand, we follow the law../..Whatever that may be at any given time
    John
    What a beautiful except of Newspeak...