Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

BANNED

Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

Hi,

I would like to have Marstar official answer on the following question:

Have you (ie. Marstar) ever done a non-restricted transfer and/or registration for firearm sold to Quebec's customer, *after* the destriction of the LGR ? If yes, are you pursuing such registration ?

Thanks in advance.

edit: This question is directed to `johnone' only for an official answer. Please avoid any other comments.

edit2: Precise that the question concerns Marstar in general, and not `johnone' "only".
    Last edited by x0ra; 07-14-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Since the rest of Canada stopped their registry it has been the responsibility of the purchaser in Quebec to register a NR firearm not the seller. Nothing is different now

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
    Since the rest of Canada stopped their registry it has been the responsibility of the purchaser in Quebec to register a NR firearm not the seller. Nothing is different now
    As you posted before I put the notice that the question is directed only to `johnone', I will spend the time to answer you:

If I ask the question, it is because I know you are wrong and have proof of it. I am fed up to be called a liar (cf the french section of the forum). Thus I am stepping up to get an official answer from `johnone'.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    What happens if johnone replies, and it contradicts what you know?

People can be wrong, and it doesn't make them a liar. A liar professes to be right when he knows he is wrong. If you are wrong but aren't aware you are wrong, you aren't lying.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If you buy it out of province to register it you first have to have it verified anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    What happens if johnone replies, and it contradicts what you know?

People can be wrong, and it doesn't make them a liar. A liar professes to be right when he knows he is wrong. If you are wrong but aren't aware you are wrong, you aren't lying.
    I doubt it. He got into somewhat of an argument in the french section, because he claimed that Marstar registered his NR purchase with the Quebec part of the NR registry and he now wants Marstar to tell their official business policy on playing Quebec's registry game. In essence, he was shipped a registration certificate from the CFC after purchasing a NR from Marstar (the reggie supposedly came in the mail a few days after the NR firearm).

Before anyone steps up with claims that the 'injunction' is still in effect, it is NOT. Since Court of Appeal ruled and overturned the Superior Court's initial ruling, there's no more injunction. Nowadays, the Federal Government "agrees" to register any NR transfers that are submitted to the CFC, without any obligation to do so on the end users. In essence, the federal NR registry in Quebec is now officially optional.

(...and we're still waiting for the RCMP/CFC to update their website with this new info, btw)
    Last edited by 762mm; 07-15-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Quote Originally Posted by Raton57 View Post
    If you buy it out of province to register it you first have to have it verified anyways.
    And where did you see this, exactly? In Pauline Marois' law that's not yet a law???

Last edited by 762mm; 07-15-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Marstar registered one of my relative SKS buy this winter.
    i can confirm this.

note; the customer didn't ask for this neither, when the person called to get the rifle registered
    the RCMP or whatever told him it was already done.
    "when you have to shoot, shoot dont talk."
    -the ugly

Quote Originally Posted by pomelum View Post
    Marstar registered one of my relative SKS buy this winter.
    i can confirm this.

note; the customer didn't ask for this neither, when the person called to get the rifle registered
    the RCMP or whatever told him it was already done.
    Then that's a second case of the same. If that's still current practice, someone at Marstar seriously needs to pull their head out of their behind.

No offense intended...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    I doubt it. He got into somewhat of an argument in the french section, because he claimed that Marstar registered his NR purchase with the Quebec part of the NR registry and he now wants them to tell their official business policy on playing Quebec's registry game. In essence, he was shipped a registration certificate from the CFC after purchasing a NR from Marstar (the reggie supposedly came in the mail a few days after the NR firearm).
    As there has been at least another report on this coherent with mine, let me follow up. Not only have I received the registration certificate after the purchase (dated 9 days from invoice date), but a copy of the transfer/registration paper was included with the invoice.

As you mention, my goal is to have an official statement from Marstar on their policy wrt. the LGR and Quebec's customer. To some extend, I am also currently delaying a purchase that would involve a firearm.

Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast