Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I would like to know how North Sylva plans on helping us out???
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar

VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

I would send the rifle back with a copy of the video & ask for a full refund, including shipping. That's ridiculous. Someone has some quality assurance & risk issues to deal with. Unbelievable!
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

CGN Regular
    Probably a tight firing pin for the firing issue. Brake cleaner could do or it was not properly fitted. If the lips on the mag are to wide or to tight it could cause the bullet to trike the feed ramp at an odd angle and press it into the casing, but it may also maybe the bolt missaligned with the chamber ( witch I have never seen daugh) and cause feeding issues and an off center pin strike, all depending on how much play the bolt face allows with the cartridge base ( it woulds have to be very wide)

I'd like to know what what sort of test or inspection they ran this rifle through when you sent it in. It's ridiculous that they told you there was nothing wrong adn sent it back to you in "operational standard". What a joke!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    When they had my compact 7.62, they said they ran 5 rounds and 4 outta 5 were a misfeed. I told them to run more so they ran a supposed 50 rounds and then claimed they had 45 outta 50 fire no problem. Then when I adked about the other 5 rounds the guy had the balls to say to me that its the design of the rifle. Maybe its time NS changes their staff around a little.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

So NS thinks a gun that works 90% of the time is just fine?
    Whatever

You've done enough trying to remedy this gun. Either resign yourself to sending it back over and over until they replace/refund (or properly repair), or start thinking about starting a small claims action. Unless firearms are some kind of exempt consumer product, a product sold must be fit for the purpose for which it was intended. If it's not, then the seller has not lived up to its end of the bargain, and must replace/repair/refund. You paid for a new, functioning firearm...

Keep the video evidence going and hold on to all documents & correspondence.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Send it back. And as suggested I would send a copy of the video with it. That is a dangerous firearm and should be treated that way. I've heard of soft primers causing slam fire but that is a little nuts.

If you do try and fix it yourself, maybe load only two rounds in the mag at a time. Otherwise, if you get the feeding problem fixed you may find it slamfiring through an entire mag.
    Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!!!
    ------------------------------

Already started the process I want nothing more to do with this rifle... I own a number of other firearms and have had little to no problems all stuff I could troubleshoot and fix myself and am very happy with them. But this is too much I just want to wash my hands of this and purchase another rifle that will give me the joy I need with breaking it in =)
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    You've done enough trying to remedy this gun. Either resign yourself to sending it back over and over until they replace/refund (or properly repair), or start thinking about starting a small claims action. Unless firearms are some kind of exempt consumer product, a product sold must be fit for the purpose for which it was intended. If it's not, then the seller has not lived up to its end of the bargain, and must replace/repair/refund. You paid for a new, functioning firearm...

Keep the video evidence going and hold on to all documents & correspondence.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier270 View Post
    Already started the process I want nothing more to do with this rifle... I own a number of other firearms and have had little to no problems all stuff I could troubleshoot and fix myself and am very happy with them. But this is too much I just want to wash my hands of this and purchase another rifle that will give me the joy I need with breaking it in =)
    Cheers
    I don't blame you for going that route. In fact, I would probably stop trying to remedy the problems yourself. I can see the other side alleging that the problems were caused by your efforts to fix the gun.

I wish you success.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi