Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Freeze View Post
    Send it back. And as suggested I would send a copy of the video with it. That is a dangerous firearm and should be treated that way. I've heard of soft primers causing slam fire but that is a little nuts.

If you do try and fix it yourself, maybe load only two rounds in the mag at a time. Otherwise, if you get the feeding problem fixed you may find it slamfiring through an entire mag.
    The "dangerous" aspect of the gun is something that would worry me if I were one of businesses in the chain of retailers responsible for putting this gun into the market. Imagine if someone were hurt or killed due to a malfunction. You can bet that EVERYONE would be named as a defendant in the civil action. Whether or not you are found liable, the legal fees are certainly less than the cost of just replacing Soldier270's gun...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Lol I had one that was giving me similar problems so I sent it back to NS. To ensure that I wouldn't continue having problems with a malfunctioning gun, they took they extraordinary step of simply keeping my mags!! Now I can't shoot it at all!! I guess, on the bright side, I haven't had any FTF/FTE since I got it back though...

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Anytime i have seen a 7.62x39 rifle chambered in .223 or vice versa there is issues , well with the exception of the XCR they seem to have got it right for the most part .. Im a firm believer that you should buy a semi auto rifle in the caliber it was originally designed for .. That being said i wish Wolverine Supply was still the dealer and warranty centre for CSA , their gunsmiths know these rifles the best, and they care about customers ..

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Anytime i have seen a 7.62x39 rifle chambered in .223 or vice versa there is issues , well with the exception of the XCR they seem to have got it right for the most part .. Im a firm believer that you should buy a semi auto rifle in the caliber it was originally designed for .. That being said i wish Wolverine Supply was still the dealer and warranty centre for CSA , their gunsmiths know these rifles the best, and they care about customers ..
    Interestingly, I was watching a Larry Vickers youtube installment and he was testing a modernized AK chambered in 5.56...said it just isn't quite as reliable.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    So NS thinks a gun that works 90% of the time is just fine?
    They full out told me YES face to face. I was astonished by their behaviour. Its ok, if I still have problems with my compact 7.62 then CSA will be getting a BUTTLOAD of email and calls to rectify my situation.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    They full out told me YES face to face. I was astonished by their behaviour. Its ok, if I still have problems with my compact 7.62 then CSA will be getting a BUTTLOAD of email and calls to rectify my situation.
    Amazing.

From recent reports it really seems like CSA's quality has gone downhill. Combined with the lack of customer service to make it right, I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

My 12" 7.62 has been dead reliable, but it was one of the first guns imported. It's too bad Wolverine wasn't still the importer.
    Whatever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    I have a very low serial number sa 58 in 223. Ive been lucky I guess I've had no issues. I've put a few thousand rounds through her and nothing. On the other hand I did try mfs ammo and it wouldent feed, extract or sometimes it just wouldent shoot. Cheap ammo I guess.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Regular
    My 7.62x39 model just broke down when I looked inside the rails inside the receiver where bolt locks were cracked away on one side. I took it to Italian Sporting goods and the send it back for repair. They told me that it was a bad batch with wrongly heat treated material. Now I will have to wait 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier270 View Post
    Just a video link of what I experienced at the range the day after I had my VZ 58 returned to me from North Sylva after over 4 months of work to fix the FTF and FTE problems, which I was told there were none.

Basically I am frustrated about purchasing a rifle it had loads of problems (FTE and FTF), I send it away to get fixed where I am told there is no problem... this whole process takes like 4+ months I get it back and the problems are still there and to top it off I get "it is the ammo I am using", which is complete BS...

I am now waiting for a batch of Sellier & Bellot 5.56x45 55gr as SFRC have told me this is what was used to test fire this rifle and it works... so once that comes I will make another video.

http://youtu.be/7LxJPviOo5I

I am posting this on both SFRC and NS forums because really it is either pass the buck!
    Hey, free full auto, nice!

Ya know, down south you have to pay EXTRA for that?! /s

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Amazing.

From recent reports it really seems like CSA's quality has gone downhill. Combined with the lack of customer service to make it right, I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

My 12" 7.62 has been dead reliable, but it was one of the first guns imported. It's too bad Wolverine wasn't still the importer.
    Funny my compact 7.62 was the first gen aswell and it worked amazing until a few months ago. Now its crap and NS doesnt seem to wanna help or even care for that matter
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!