Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

I was thinking of picking one of these up with the chromed lined barrel but I guess I will be sticking with my Cz858

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    I was thinking of picking one of these up with the chromed lined barrel but I guess I will be sticking with my Cz858
    Same here i will not be purchasing a CSA in any caliber. I hope the OP gets a full refund as this is totally unacceptable. Come on NS step up and fix these problems ASAP.

so at what point does someone say it? these .223 VZ 58's are total duds and there unsafe!! start getting 7.62x39 replacements out or full refunds, im shocked at how this is being handled, on that note it seems that CSA is doing there best to make it right but i think its time to really look at these issues

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Yeah. Even some of the 7.62x39 arent right. ^^^^^^^^
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Yeah. Even some of the 7.62x39 arent right. ^^^^^^^^
    I have only really heard of issues with the compact 7.5 model far as 7.62 CSA rifles go .. When the gas system is shortened and cut down from the factory length combined with a barrel being way too damn short for a rifle round leads to a potential can of worms in my opinion .. I think that 7.5 compact is really just a novelty gun , only good for pissing off fudds at the range lol . CSA should have chambered the compact 7.5 rifles in the 9mm or .45 , make a simple blowback type gun, no piston or gas system even needed, takes glock mags . pistol calibers are much more efficient in a barrel shorter than 12 inches or so.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Anytime i have seen a 7.62x39 rifle chambered in .223 or vice versa there is issues , well with the exception of the XCR they seem to have got it right for the most part .. Im a firm believer that you should buy a semi auto rifle in the caliber it was originally designed for .. That being said i wish Wolverine Supply was still the dealer and warranty centre for CSA , their gunsmiths know these rifles the best, and they care about customers ..
    Wolverine Supply imports the CZ858, NOT the VZ58.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Wolverine Supply imports the CZ858, NOT the VZ58.

I it is an massive shame they are all out of every CZ 858 =( was hoping to buy another one there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    N.S.'s response- ..................."crickets"..................... ............ "crickets"

This is happening with almost all the .223s is it?

I purchased one couple years ago, still have it, put 1000s of rounds through it and never had an issue other then the odd jam from shooting off hand and letting the gun come back with the recoil which causes shells to no fully eject but thats operator error not the guns fault. To be honest, of the 1000s of rounds ive put through it, i only cleaned it once, mabye twice. I don't use the mag adapters though, just the standard ones. I used mine for seal hunting, so its seen a lot of use, around salt water too.

Guys,

I'll start off by saying CSA makes excellent quality firearms.

There has been reports of malfunctions in a fairly limited amount of .223 models. It seems to be in a specific range of serial numbers. North Sylva has suspended the sales of the .223 models until CSA has sorted out the problem's and the rifle's are back quality that we have expected from CSA in the past. Please note that the return rate of these firearms is very low. The vocal few on CGN always seem to get the community riled up however.

The original 7.62x39 models have not been affected by the same issues as the .223.

CSA and North Sylva Co. stand behind their products, so an email or a phone call is typically all it takes to get a response. CGN rants are not required.

That being said, CSA has introduced a new warranty centre in Canada for their products. Any mechanical issues regarding CSA products can be forwarded to

Movie Armaments Group
    416-465-7376
    Attn: Charles Taylor

Charles Taylor is a legend in the Canadian firearms community and we have no doubt that issues will be sorted out quickly going forward.

For any repeat issues like the one being experience by the OP, please contact our warranty person at gwedge@northsylva.com for a quick response.

We look forward to re-establishing the CSA brand to one directly associated with the highest quality VZ58 firearms.

Thanks,

Jon