Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

This is what will happen if I can not get credit for one in 7.62mm

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    if they insist it is fine ,I wonder how they would feel about a charge back on your credit card ?

I agree 110% my bad for not going for the 7.62 version.... I still can not get the firing pin out... I have already cleaned my cz 858 firing pin and it looks great I will take a pic of them side by side then again when I actually get the firing pin out.
    Cheers

It could be this or it could be that, the bottom line this is a $1000.00 rifle sold with a warranty. The product is defective. North Silva is the distributor and authorized warranty depot and they can not fix the problems. These problems do not seem isolated by the amount of complaints I have read. I think it is time that the retailer steps up and gets involved since NS seems to be washing their hands clean of the problems. The retailers are the ones that are selling the defective product.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs7293 View Post
    It could be this or it could be that, the bottom line this is a $1000.00 rifle sold with a warranty. The product is defective. North Silva is the distributor and authorized warranty depot and they can not fix the problems. These problems do not seem isolated by the amount of complaints I have read. I think it is time that the retailer steps up and gets involved since NS seems to be washing their hands clean of the problems. The retailers are the ones that are selling the defective product.
    I had a TWN rifle that was defective North Sliva was the imported but they had no warrenty depot at the time so I called them (TWN) and they mailed me parts from the US I had to do some grinding on to shorten the hammer as it was to long out of the box meaning it hit the bolt and wouldn't hit the firing pin it was .053 to high so it hit by that much and stopped half way. Turns out they had the wrong hammers and bolts in some of the firearms so they wouldn't work as they had to be matched to the firearm.

BANNED
    Nobody thinks its those goofy mag well adapters? The first time I saw those all I could think was the issues it was going to cause with such a beautiful rifle. Our laws suck but that's no excuse to butcher a fine gun... If you need ten rounds, get a different rifle... Or wait for the new pistol magazines.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier270 View Post
    I agree 110% my bad for not going for the 7.62 version.... I still can not get the firing pin out... I have already cleaned my cz 858 firing pin and it looks great I will take a pic of them side by side then again when I actually get the firing pin out.
    Cheers
    Soak in in Gas over night or a few hours to break the dirt or rust down if that's the problem might be something stuck in there or it's broken and hard to get out. Just put gas in a jar and throw it in and wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    What's with the grossly off-center firing pin strikes?

7.62x39 bolt?
    This pin is poking out of the bottom right of the bolt face... nothing like my cz 858 which is dead center and protrudes a considerable amount more then the VZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl View Post
    Nobody thinks its those goofy mag well adapters? The first time I saw those all I could think was the issues it was going to cause with such a beautiful rifle. Our laws suck but that's no excuse to butcher a fine gun... If you need ten rounds, get a different rifle... Or wait for the new pistol magazines.
    Its an option it is easily removed and the banana mags fit just fine but even with the banana mags this problem stays.. no change.

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Soak in in Gas over night or a few hours to break the dirt or rust down if that's the problem might be something stuck in there or it's broken and hard to get out. Just put gas in a jar and throw it in and wait...
    Soaking in some CLP for the night... I wont be doing much more then this, then it is off back to the seller.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier270 View Post
    This pin is poking out of the bottom right of the bolt face... nothing like my cz 858 which is dead center and protrudes a considerable amount more then the VZ.
    I had this on 2 brand new csa rifles. Its like they machined the pin with too much taper and it doesnt allow the tip of the pin to protrude as far as it should. This was on 2 7.62x39 rifles aswell might I add!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!